Suna

We were escorted to the Kage building immediately. Able to give our congratulations personally, before the evening. The villagers exchanged curious looks as we walked through the village. I wasn't sure what their thoughts were. Though, I'm sure we did look like an odd couple. I snickered internally, couple.

"Enter." A young male voice called.

The doors were pushed open for us as we walked forward. I noticed Baki, whom I met while traveling, was in the room. As well as Gaara, his kanji making him identifiable. A young male and a young female occupied the room as well.

"Ah, Kakashi-san!" Baki greeted, "Y/n-chan? I'm surprised to see you."

"Baki-san." Kakashi bowed slightly.

"Baki-san." I followed suit.

"Lord Gaara," Baki turned to face the new Kazekage, "I'm not sure if you've met these two before. Kakashi Hatake and Y/n."

Kakashi and I both gave a full bow to Gaara.

"You have our congratulations, Lord Gaara." Kakashi offered.

"Thank you both for coming."

"We thank you for having us." I replied.

"Please, meet my brother and sister. Kankuro and Temari."

We all exchanged bows.

"You were Naruto's sensei, correct?" Gaara asked Kakashi.

"Yes."

"How is he?" Gaara's lip tugged upward in a small smile.

"Doing well. Training with Master Jirayia currently. Traveling."

"Sounds familiar, huh y/n?" Baki looked to me.

I gave a short laugh, "Too familiar."

"Kankuro will escort you to the inn. We have a room reserved for you. I apologize, we didn't know two of you were coming."

"Oh, that's alright. We don't mind sharing a room." I gave a glance to Kakashi as he spoke.

I could see Baki smirk as he picked up some paperwork to pass to Gaara. Kakashi and I bowed again, bidding goodbye.

"See you this evening." Gaara called as we followed his brother out.

Kankuro fell into step beside me after we were outside. He cut his eyes over to me, but didn't speak. I had a suspicion what he wanted, but waited for him to speak. I glanced at Kakashi and saw he had his book out. I rolled my eyes.

"You're one of your brother's advisors?" I asked the puppet master.

"Yes." He nodded, "It's a strange roll. It'll take some time getting used to."

"I'm sure you'll do well. From what I hear, the three of you have worked closely together for years. You've protected one another. Naruto speaks highly of you."

"How old are you?" And there it is.

"I'll be 23 early next year."

"Dammit." He mumbled to himself, but it didn't slip past me.

Or Kakashi, "She's taken anyway." I elbowed the man in the stomach. "Oof."

"How old are you Kankuro-kun?"

A dust of pink covered his cheeks, "17."

Sounds familiar... I snuck another glance at the silver haired nin by my side.

"So close." I smirked, "What a shame."

The men were left stunned as I stepped into the inn. They exchanged a look before quickly following after me. Kankuro checked us in and left us at our room door.