Waking Up

I was stiff and my body ached all over. I laid with my eyes closed, enjoying the peace and quiet. Also dreading the details of my injuries. I remembered I hit my head and the pain in my leg. I'd likely have a concussion. Who knew how long Tsunade and Ibiki would make me take off. If my leg was damaged badly... I didn't want to think about it.

I blinked, allowing my eyes to adjust to the light. I was alone in the room. The sun was high in the sky, causing me to wonder how long I had been out. I scanned the room as I sat up carefully, wincing as I did so. Finally spotting the clock, 10:34am. At least 12 hours, likely 36 though. On my bedside table was my bracelet, lying atop an Icha Icha I knew all too well.

"Thank goodness." The quiet voice had me turning my head to the door.

"Sakura-chan." My throat was dry and speaking threw me into a coughing fit.

Sakura rushed over and poured me a glass of water. As she handed it to me, she rubbed soothing circles on my back. When I was finally done trying to dispel a lung, I chugged the water.

"You've been asleep about 36 hours. I'd imagine you were thirsty." Her cheery voice was soothing in a way.

"My injuries?" I asked as I handed her the empty glass.

"Lady Tsunade wanted to know when you were awake. Let me have someone inform her, and then we'll go over all that." I nodded as she walked out the door.

I sighed and picked up the bracelet. I rubbed each charm before placing it on my wrist. I was staring out the window and rubbing a certain charm when Sakura walked back in. She held my chart in her hand and took a chair to sit next to me.

"It's a beautiful bracelet. Kakashi-sensei didn't know who gave it to you."

Nice try... "A close friend."

She nodded in response, "Iruka-sensei stopped by this morning before he headed to the academy. He and Kakashi-sensei we're here the majority of yesterday."

"They didn't need to do that."

"They're both extremely worried about you. I've never seen Kakashi-sensei look like he did when he carried you in. Iruka and Lady Tsunade arrived shortly after." I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything at all. "You have a concussion. A minor cut to the head. Multiple abrasions and bruises across your body. The main two concerns were your cracked ribs, three to be exact, and the fact your leg had been impaled."

"Impaled?" The color drained for my face.

"It wasn't as bad as it looked. You should be able to go home today or tomorrow. It's up to Lady Tsunade."

"Home." I mumbled.

"That's right, I'm sorry. I forgot. Kurenai-sensei offered for you to stay with her actually. She said she'd be by to visit again today."

"I gave you time off and you still managed to get hurt." Tsunade's voice caught our attention.

I scowled as I answered, "I'm fine, thanks for asking."

"I know you are. I'm the one that treated you."

"If you'll excuse me." Sakura bowed and made her way out.

Once the door was closed, I moved to stand. "What do you think you're doing?" Tsunade rushed over to stand in front of me.

"Leaving."

"I haven't released you."

"I'm fine." I snapped.

She reached forward and pressed at my ribs lightly. I flinched but didn't make a sound. She gave an exhausted sigh and closed her eyes for a moment.