Settling In

Tsunade made me take time off and I was running out of things to do. I had bought small things for my apartment like dishes and cookware. I bought groceries and even went shopping for clothes. I ran into Kurenai who insisted I purchase at least one kimono. I was five days in and bored as hell.

Today I strolled through the village with no destination in mind. I took in the cool fall breeze, smiling softly to myself. I heard a familiar voice in the distance and began following it. A training ground came into view and I saw the broad back of a man I held dear to me.

"You May be a Chunin now, but you still need to train." He scolded the lone boy in front of him.

"What a drag." He voice has a drawl to it.

A ladies man without trying. I approached quietly, not wanting to interrupt the lecture. I heard Asuma talking about paying attention to his surroundings and always being alert. I smirked to myself, planning to catch him off guard to prove his point. In flash of lightening I appeared in front of Asuma, my back to his pupil. My tanto was pressed to his throat lightly.

"You were saying?" I heard the lazy tone ask.

Without a word, I appeared behind the shorter male, Nara, and had the tanto to his throat now.

"You shouldn't gloat." I whispered lightly.

The red crept up his neck and coated his ears. I laughed airily as I stepped away and sheathed the tanto on my calf. I walked to stand in between the two, forming a half circle.

"Y/n." Asuma greeted, "This is Shikamaru Nara. Shikamaru, this is Y/n."

I reached out my hand and gave him a firm shake, "Nice to meet you, Shika-kun." The blush flared angrily again.

He puffed his cheeks slightly, "You too, y/n-sensei."

Asuma laughed and I glared at him, "Just Y/n is fine. Chan if you insist adding something. I'm no one you should take lessons from." I gave a dry laugh.

"Now I doubt that's true." Asuma smiled.

Before I could respond, a voice was heard calling out. "Shikamaru!"

I looked over to see another teenage boy, another heartbreaker, an Inuzuka. His cheek markings and canine companion giving him away. Said dog bound to me happily, barking as he jumped to greet me.

"Aw. Hi boy."

"Akamaru, down." His handler called.

"No, no, it's okay. I probably smell like my summon. He's a wolf." I ruffled the dogs fur.

"Oh. Uh." He scratched just neck, seeming uncomfortable, "I'm Kiba. Kiba Inuzuka."

He extended his hand, which I gladly accepted, "Y/n. Nice to meet you, Kiba-kun." I smiled brightly.

I watched boy blush lightly. Kids are so cute.

"Oh," he seemed to snap from his trance, "Are you ready, Shikamaru? Choji and Shino are going to meet us there."

The Nara boy shoved his hands in his pockets and started to lazily walk away, "Yea. I'm starving."

"It was nice meeting you, Y/n-san. Asuma-sensei." Kiba took off after his friend, Akamaru following behind.

"Bye!" I called out to them.

Asuma shook his head and pulled out a cigarette. With the click of his lighter, the smoke began forming from the cherry. I smirked up at him.

"What?" He asked as he blew a puff of smoke upwards.

"Nothing." I shrugged, "Just waiting for a lecture from you."