Birthday Wishes

"Kashi, don't go." I mumbled groggily. I could see the sun streaming in, but I wasn't sure what was going on. I felt a kiss pressed to my forehead before darkness took over again.

"Ugh." I felt hungover for some reason. I sat up slowly, registering my surroundings. I was at home... "How?" I rubbed my eyes and let out a yawn. "Did he-"

"Carry you home? Yes."

"Ah!" I fell from the bed in a heap of sheets and limbs. "Pakkun!"

The dog laughed as he appeared next to my head. "He had a meeting this morning and didn't want you to wake up alone."

"How considerate." I groaned as I sat up. "Did he-"

"Sharigan? Yes."

"Ass."

"He said you needed the sleep."

I glanced to the clock, 11:48am. "Whatever." I stood and pulled the sheet with me, I was still naked.

"He put your clothes in the laundry basket."

"Aren't you just full of information this morning." I pulled out clothes for the day and made my way to shower.

"Happy birthday!" Pakkun shouted after me.

"Thank you, Pakkun. You can go if you want to."

"After I tell you there's something in the kitchen for you."

I peeked my head out from the bathroom doorway and saw a small box laying on my island. A card lay atop it. "After my shower. Bye, Pakkun!"

*poof* And he was gone.

The water washed away my solace as it did the sweat. I let it wash away the memory of last night, the best I could. I needed to put those walls back up and forget. Oh how I wanted to forget! I now stood in the full length mirror of my room and couldn't forget. My body was littered with proof the man I loved embraced me just hours ago. I was torn between screaming and crying. Cussing and smiling. Instead, my stoic mask was back.

I dressed in casual clothes, warm and shielding. Black pants and f/c shirt that wasn't low cut, hiding my many love bites. I wasn't sure what I would do at the hot spring, I doubted that Iruka would want a private spring for us both. Tanto always on my body and a rubber band for my hair later, I was ready.

I walked to the island and picked up his card. I felt anxious all of the sudden. I opened the card and found a short note from Kakashi.

Y/n,

Happy birthday kitten.

- Dog

I was torn between smiling and rolling my eyes. I did both. I let out a small chuckle as I opened the box. The sight before me was a true surprise. A bracelet. A charm bracelet to be exact. I picked it up and inspected each charm.

- a wolf
- a kunai
- a Leaf symbol
- a key
- a scroll
- an arrow
- two lightening bolts

My mind wandered as I looked at the bracelet. There was an empty hook on it. I eyed my leg where my tanto was... the crest. I pulled my tanto from its sheath and unhooked the crest. I added the crest to the bracelet and sheathed my tanto. Can I really wear this? People will ask questions. I sighed. I couldn't wear it on missions really, but I could carry it in my pouch I suppose. I just had the need to keep it close. Today, I'll wear it though.

I grabbed some fruit so I wasn't too full incase Iruka wanted to grab something to eat. I sat on the couch and pulled a sketch pad from the table. I had to draw it. I had to draw something from last night. A memory just for me. I can use a blood seal on the scroll. His eyes. They were so vivid in my mind. I had multiple sketches done before there was a knock at my door.