Age: 6

"Shisui-kun!" The girl excitedly ran through the Uchiha compound, chasing the raven-haired boy. The dust rose in her path from the sprint as she tried to catch up. Her h/c hair was longer, though it was in a tight braid for the day.

Shisui Uchiha. A child prodigy of the Uchiha clan. Like almost all Uchihas, he had hair so black it seemed to shimmer blue. Deep onyx eyes that analyzed everything going on around him. He was a little over a year older than me, but his shinobi training made him so much stronger than the girl. And faster.

"You'll never catch me if you don't keep practicing, Y/n!" He yelled over his shoulder.

"It's not a race!" She whined.

The two finally reached their destination. Head of the Uchiha clan's home. We were meeting Itachi's younger brother today. Itachi was an adorable little boy, just turning 5. Shisui wasn't entirely sure how the Head of Clan would take the girl being with him, but it wasn't the first time she's been to the home.

Fugaku Uchiha, Head of the Clan, opened the door quietly. The man's eyes scanned over Shisui before they settled onto the outsider. Fugaku wasn't the most approachable man in the Village. But, unfortunately, he wasn't the worst either.

He let out an audible sigh, seeming to be annoyed by their presence, or perhaps just mine, "Shisui-kun, Y/n, you're here to visit Itachi?" He wasn't one for honorifics when it came to the girl.

"Itachi said we could meet his brother today." Y/n chirped happily.

All Fugaku did was step aside. As the two entered the home, they removed their shoes. Y/n followed Shisui, something the girl found herself frequently doing when possible. She was drawn to his personality. The boy was also very tolerable when it came to the young girl. The second they stepped foot into the room, Y/n could see the love Itachi held for his baby brother. His expression was soft and tender, yet she could see the determination in his face too.

"Shhhh, it's alright, Sasuke." Mikoto cooed to the bundle in her arms.

Shisui and Y/n approached slowly, not wanting to startle the baby. Sasuke. He was swaddled tightly in cream cloth. Only his chubby face and dark black hair were visible.

"You're about to be a big sister, aren't you y/n?" Shisui asked.

"Hm? Oh, well, kind of. I guess so." She shrugged at the question.

"Kushina-chan is due in a few months, yes?" Mikoto asked.

Y/n nodded, "Yes, Mikoto-sama." She shuffled her feet, feeling a bit uncomfortable at the thought.

"You'll be a great big sister!" Itachi smiled at the h/c.

Big sister? She wondered.

"Thank you, Itachi-kun." She ruffled his hair gently.

"Do you want to hold him?" Mikoto pointed her question to Y/n, catching her slightly off guard.Y/n nodded slowly, unsure of her answer.

Mikoto stood from her chair and directed Y/n to sit. She handed Y/n Sasuke, settling him in her arms gently. The timid girl couldn't help the smile that came to her face when she saw his face. First, his eyes scrunched as he smiled up at her in return. Then, he began wiggling slightly as he became frustrated. Y/n moved her hand up to stroke his cheek gently, trying to calm him. Suddenly, his little hand popped out of the cream fabric. He gripped her finger, clinging to it. She looked up to Mikoto to see the woman's smile grow wider.

"A great big sister indeed." Mikoto chimed.

And that was the day Y/n met Sasuke Uchiha.

*** Time Skip ***