Anna Needs Time Alone. Just A Walk To Remember. ❤️

Anna kept Scarlett and Sarah back at her place to talk while she walked down to the park by her house.

Anna's POV:

I knew I needed sometime to myself just to listen to the Pearl Harbor soundtrack that always stays stuck in my head and never leaves. Honestly speaking going on walks like this helps me think about Grant yes but I do think about James from time to time. I know he is here in North Carolina but I know Grant doesn't want me talking to him. I do miss him but honestly I had to call him to tell him.

Anna dialed James' number and he automatically picked up.

Anna: Hi James.
James: Hi Anna Rae. Are you ok?
Anna: Yeah. I just wanted to call and check on you.
James: That's sweet Anna. I'm okay. How are you?
Anna: I'm fine. I was wondering if you can meet me by the park two blocks away from the base now.
James: Yeah I'm coming. Is anyone around you?
Anna: No, I'm alone. Don't worry Grant isn't here and I will explain everything to him when he comes back home. I'm just talking to you nothing else.
James: I know, I'm coming now. I'm walking so it might take me a couple of minutes.
Anna: That's fine. It would be stupid of you just to drive two blocks.
James: Yeah I know. 😂

As soon as James came Anna ran to give him a hug. It had been a long time since she saw his face since Grant didn't want her near him. It is tough because Anna knew that she missed him a lot.

James: Anna? What's wrong?
Anna: Nothing.
James: Anna tell me.
Anna: You know I would have dated you if I never met Grant right?
James: Yes I know Anna. You can't do this though. Grant is going to murder me or anyone for that matter if we are seen together.
Anna: Well he needs to understand how much I miss you James. This is insane.
James: Yeah, Anna it is crazy but I need you to just distance yourself from me because I have a girlfriend now. It was the one I had on my Instagram.
Anna: I know. I have to go back anyways. Grant is going to call me in a little while.

Before James left he kissed the top of Anna's head and they both walked opposite directions.

A couple of seconds later Anna got a call from Grant.

Grant: Hi baby. Where are you?
Anna: Hi babe. I needed fresh air so I'm two blocks away from the house by the park.
Grant: Oh okay. That's fine. Is Sarah home with Scarlett?
Anna: Yeah. Your sister went back home a month or two ago.
Grant: Yeah I know. She said she is talking to this guy Julius and they have some event to go to tonight with his family. I know she's happy.
Anna: Yeah she is. :) Actually I need to tell you something because we both promised when we got married that we wouldn't keep things from each other.
Grant: Babe. What is it?
Anna: I told James to meet me and he just left. I just needed to see him one last time because he is back with this girl who he has pictures with on his Instagram and all he did was kiss the top of my head and then he said he respects my marriage with you and the girl that he is with and he walked away. He didn't want anyone to see us talking so he made it quick.
Grant: That's fine Anna. I understand.
Anna: Wait. You aren't mad?
Grant: No. He's respecting the boundary which is fine and I'm glad he has someone. Anna I made a decision today that you can talk to him. I just don't want him stepping over the line which I don't think he won't anymore considering what he just did.
Anna: Yeah. We aren't going to see each other for awhile. He's going back to Cali tomorrow.
Grant: Oh okay. Well I'm in Japan now and I should be home in about a week or so. I will let you know if anything changes love.
Anna: Okay babe. I love you. Be safe.
Grant: Love you more Anna. See you soon babe. You be safe too. :)
Anna: Talk soon.
Grant: Talk soon babe.

As Anna hung up FaceTime with him she was calm and knew what she needed to do. She was going to see James again one day somehow but knowing Grant was coming home in a couple of weeks hopefully that was a good sign for her.

In the back of her brain when she walked back into the house was James but then a memory of her and James came back into her head when her and Grant were fighting.

It was a picture Anna had in a box in her and Grant's bedroom upstairs that no one not even Sarah knew about. Anna did have a picture of her and James kissing but it reminded her of how she wanted her future to look like maybe.

She walked upstairs and found the picture in the back of the closet with the rest of her shoe boxes

Sending the picture to James so he could keep it was all he had left of her. The rest was up to Grant.

James: Anna? Where did you find that picture?
Anna: I kept it in the back of my closet. In the shoe box with my pictures.
James: I love it. I'm going to keep it close.
Anna: I know. I love it also. Be safe and text me when you can. I told Grant about us and he was okay with it.
James: I told my girl also. She likes how I have someone else besides her that knows the boundaries and gives me advice when I need it. I'm glad Grant understands.
Anna: Yeah he does. That kiss meant something to me.
James: Yeah it meant something to me also. I will see you soon Anna. I love you.
Anna: See you soon. Be safe. Love you.

As Anna got off the phone with him Sarah and Scarlett were at the door and they understood where the conversation was leading. They didn't say anything but smile and walk away because they didn't want to step on any toes unless they had to.

James' POV:

Letting Anna go was the right thing to do but in the back of my mind in the near future I knew something was bound to happen between us but for now I just want to see where life leads us at the moment. We would always keep in touch because I had a picture of us saved in my phone also that no one knew about but us. I was going to send it to her some other time but now I just needed to look at it.

I remember this picture was taken at the beach when she came to visit me in Cali

I remember this picture was taken at the beach when she came to visit me in Cali. It was one of those pictures I knew I was never going to be able to forget. ❤️