A Date of Sweetness. Part 1.

I woke up the next morning and Aaron let me sleep on the couch with Jeter while he watched over Rose.

As I am about to enter the bathroom to get ready for the day I see Rose clinging onto her daddy and I thought it was the sweetest. She definitely felt at home with him and I felt bad for Aaron still because he never got to see the birth of his daughter and to be honest if someone had cared more he would have been there. Now that he has his daughter in his arms he looks more peaceful.

A couple of minutes later I see Aaron in the kitchen with Rose on him and he's making pancakes.

Me: Do you want me to hold Rose?
Aaron: Nope I got her but can you flip this pancake so I can feed her?
Me: Yeah sure.

I took over the pancakes with Jeter next to me on the floor and I just had this pure smile on my face.

Aaron: You okay?
Me: Yeah I'm okay.
Aaron: You look more at ease.
Me: I think that kiss yesterday helped. I thought about it overnight.
Aaron: Oh you did?
Me: Yep I did.
Aaron: What did you like about it?
Me: It felt like home. I miss the feeling of feeling at home in one kiss.
Aaron: I agree.

The door bell rang and Aaron walked to the door to get it and he saw it was Sapphire with Kyle and Conner with Rebecca.

Conner: Hey dad.
Aaron: Hey son. I didn't know you guys were coming over.
Conner: Yeah we wanted to surprise you guys. How is Case?
Aaron: Case is with Blake now.
Conner: I knew it! Sapph give me twenty!
Aaron: What do you mean?
Sapphire: We made a bet a couple of days ago if you and mom got back together he has to clean my laundry for a month and if I lost and he won I owe him a twenty.
Aaron: Oh your mom and I are not back together though.
Sapphire: Dad don't lie. I know you guys both want to but you both are scared of the outcome on the other end which is fine. We are here to make sure nothing happens with our parents. Conner needs you both at his wedding and I need you at mine.

Sarah ran to the door and her eyes bugged out.

Me: Im sorry did you say at yours?!?
Sapphire: Yep Kyle and I are getting married next year a month after Conner and Rebecca.
Me: I am sooooo happy for you both!!!
Aaron: My other baby girl getting married. Never thought I would see the day.
Kyle: Yeah I asked her last night at dinner with friends from college that came in and she said yes.
Aaron: Kyle do your parents know?
Kyle: I am going to tell them tomorrow at dinner.
Aaron: Oh good.

Sapphire walked into the living room with Rebecca and her mom.

Sapphire: Mom I need help with finding a dress.
Me: Rebecca and I can help you as well as Jordan.
Sapphire: Yea I would love that.
Me: You know how happy this makes me that you and Kyle are getting married.
Sapphire: I am shocked he asked me the way he did.
Me: Surprises are the best honey.
Rebecca: I think when Conner asked me it was more nerve wrecking for him than it was for me.
Me: Well you did have Yankee Stadium I would think so.
Sapphire: I had the dinner table. Lol.
Me: Yep.

Sarah's POV:

Where is Aaron taking me later I have no clue but all I know is that he is full of surprises. He did tell me to dress fancy so maybe it was somewhere fancy knowing him.

Back to Aaron....

Conner: Where are you taking mom dad?
Aaron: The Empire State Building.
Conner: She said she always wanted to go up there.
Aaron: She told you that?
Conner: Yeah the last time I talked to her at mine and Rebecca's place.
Aaron: Well I am glad I get to do it this time without her or I having to worry about what is going to happen next with us.
Kyle: I think you guys have come to the end of the road where there is no continuation.
Aaron: You think so?
Kyle: Yeah I was talking to Sapphire about it the other day.
Aaron: Yeah I think we just hit the end of the road with us and if we did get back together it would be permanent this time. I mean I still really love her. She gave me the best moments in my entire life.
Conner: The way you talk about her no one else is in the room dad.
Aaron: Your Uncle G and Aunt Jess always told me that.
Conner: They aren't wrong. You and mom are the light we need to help us out you know when times are amazing and when times are tough. You guys have been through war and happiness.
Aaron: Yeah we have been through many many tsunamis and I have a feeling this time the water is much silent with us because we have been through everything.

After breakfast and the kids left with Rose and Jeter Aaron and I went to sit on the couch and have more alone time.

Aaron: What are you thinking about?
Me: Just how wonderful it would be to be happy like everyone else. To come home to a wonderful man who really loves me and who isn't trying to hide anything from me anymore and who helped me realize the correct definition of the word "home." I forgot what the word home even meant anymore. I just want a marriage like my parents and grandparents have and had.
Aaron: Yeah I want the same.
Me: I am not going to go out and search anymore. Searching does nothing anymore for me. What I have to do is take care of my kids and realize they come before me now.

Aaron's POV:

I really had to think of a way for Sarah to trust me again and I know tonight would be the night I would get to do that. Through the amount of destruction we went through she still deserved the world. I knew for a fact we had nothing left to keep us apart and if we did we could be able to handle it like we always did. I knew she never hid anything from me since day one but the things that I hid from her is the reason why she won't let me kiss her more than once until I can find a way for her to trust me permanently this time. I just found out all my exes are engaged or married and Sarah never kept in touch with any of hers so there was nothing left. My heart continues to always feel empty when I'm not around her and to be honest I just feel like her but in a male body.

I looked over at her and she had this sad look in her eyes and to be honest I would loved to have not caused most of that sadness. Pulling her into my arms giving her a kiss on the head made her relax but I felt like it made her feel more at home in that one spot close to my heart. She gave me my kids. She gave me the world. What did I give her in return? A broken heart.

This date tonight would hopefully make her see what she really meant to me all these years and what she still means to me now. Both of our kids are getting married and to be honest we want to be present together not fighting or not trusting at their weddings. For our kids to still have faith in us is a blessing and without them we would be nothing in return.

This chapter is going to be two parts so I am going to start with the date in the next chapter.