When He Tries To Talk Pt. 2

Joey stayed the night on the couch in my place since he wanted to give me space but I was really lonely but didn't want to say anything. I cuddled up into Jeter and then fell back to sleep.

The next morning I woke up and Jeter was staring at me with his precious eyes and I needed to take him out for a walk. I did and came back in an hour to Joey making breakfast.

Me: Hi Joey.
Joey: Hey Sarah. Hi Jeter boy.
He went down to pet him and I smiled.
Joey: Breakfast is almost done and I put Jeter's food and water out for you.
Me: Thank you.
Joey: You're welcome.

After Joey and I ate and Jeter was done also we all went on the couch and watched The Travel Channel.

I saw Joey texting someone and he showed me who it was so I knew I could trust him and it was his mom asking about me. She was a sweet lady and I'm glad she understood me.

Joey: My mom is coming over is that okay.
Me: Yeah sure.

A couple of seconds later the door bell rang and Joey let his mom in.

Joey: Hey ma.
His Mom: Hello hun.
Joey: Sarah is taking a shower she should be out soon.
His Mom: Okay sounds good.

I came out with clothes on and I walked to the couch with Jeter.

Sarah are you ok?
Me: I am better now. Thank you.
His Mom: I'm so sorry Sarah.
Me: I have been through enough pain and didn't want to admit to Giancarlo yesterday that Joey is the only one I can talk to when I need that extra person. His Mom: I'm glad Sarah.
Me: Yeah.

Joey told me to stand up and he brought me in for a hug.

Me: I need that

Me: I need that.
Joey: Yeah I know.

I stared at him and kissed him on the cheek.
Joey: What was that for?
Me: Thank you.
Joey: You're welcome.
His mom: Joey she loves you you know that right?
Joey: Yeah but I want her to come to me ma.
His mom: Jo Jo listen to me hun Sarah loves you you know how I know that because she just said she needed that hug which means she was soo empty that you gave her everything back that she lost. You know how hard that is for most people. She has her dog but she needed an actual human to hug her. I know what that feels like.
Joey: So you really think she loves me?
His Mom: I know she does but you need to give her time to come to you. Don't push it. She's fragile and she's not ready to open up just yet but when she's ready you will know.
Joey: Okay ma.
His mom: I'm proud of you for taking care of her Joey.
Joey: 😊.

I heard the conversation between Joey and his mom and I went and sat next to him on the couch and put my head on his shoulder.

A couple of seconds later the door bell rang.

Joey walked to the door and opened it with an angry look on his face.

Joey: Drop whatever it is you wanna say in a note under the door and don't bother coming in. She doesn't want to see you she made that clear.
Aaron: I just want to see her.
Joey: You know Aaron I thought I could trust you. I thought I could actually give my whole thought into making sure you would take care of Sarah and now when I touch her she flinches sometimes which I know why because she's scared to love again. She's scared because you twisted and broke her heart so many times that if she even hears or smells you she's going to want to never speak to anyone again. Can you just leave?
Aaron: Yeah just wanted to give her these letters. Tell her to read them when she wants.
Joey: Fine whatever bye.
Aaron: Bye man.

Joey closed the door and threw the letters in the kitchen drawer.

His mom: Joey I want to talk to Sarah alone.
Joey: Mom please be careful with her. Let her open up.
His mom: I know.

Joey was sitting on the couch with Jeter next to him watching TV and his mom went outside in the patio area to talk to Sarah.

Me: Hey.
His mom: Hey sweetie. Can I talk and you listen?
Me: Yea. Sure.
His mom: Joey texted me this morning saying that he needed help with you and I was happy to come over because Sarah hun I know how you feel. I know what it feels like to be thrown around so many times.
Me: Does it end?
His mom: It took awhile for me but it does. It will end with you but I know this is coming from me being Joey's mom but listen he's the only man who I think you are willing to let in your arms again Sarah because guess what he saw what his father and I went through. He saw everything and he knows how to take care of you because it happened to him also with his past two exes. Sarah Joey will not and I repeat will not hurt you like those other men did because he's fragile himself. He knows how you feel that is why Giancarlo told him to come over because he knows that Joey is the only man you are going to open up to.
Me: He is right. As soon as I saw him it was like there was this sense of hope maybe for me again. I was in soo much pain and I still am but I know that my heart is too fragile to love again. I'm in still soo much pain but seeing him again helps somewhat.
His mom: Sarah give it time. Give yourself time and Joey is going to wait however long you want him to. Open up to him when you need to. Make him come to you.
Me: thank you.
Joey's mom: You're welcome honey.

I brought her into a hug and she gave hugs like my mom which was nice.

I walked back in the house and I saw Giancarlo on the couch with Jess talking to Joey.
Me: Hey guys.
Joey: Hey did my mom talk to you Sarah?
Me: Yeah she did. She left already she said she had to run some errands and she will be back to check in in a couple of days.
Joey: Okay. What did she tell you?
Me: Just that I need to give myself time for my heart to mend again but it just hurts worse than the last time that I'm so scared to love again.
Giancarlo: That's why Joey is here Sarah. He knows what is going on and he knows not to hover over you but for you to come to him when you need him.
Joey: Let me be the arms you need Sarah.
Me: I know thanks.
Jess: Rely on him Sarah. He's here for you. We are all here for you. We all hate what that pain in the ass did to you and guess what now he is going to have sinful shit happen to him but that's for another time. Karma is a bitch.
Me: Thanks guys.

I walked over and sat next to Joey but then I ended up sitting on his lap instead cuddled into him.

Me: I'm sorry.
Joey: No you are coming to me. That's fine.
Me: Thank you.

A couple of minutes later I ended up falling asleep on him and I heard Jess and G walk out.

Jess walked back in and snapped a picture because she thought it was cute and then walked out.

Later on that night I got an update from Jess' Instagram.

Love is a roller coaster of pain but love is also a healing process

Love is a roller coaster of pain but love is also a healing process. This girl is so strong and the only man she asked for was Joey. She knew she could trust him and even with a fragile heart she opened up to him because when two people went through the same pain they understand each other. ♥️ I'm always here for you Sarah. I love you sis. ♥️

I smiled and commented back with a heart and then I look through the comments and I see one from Gerrit.

GerritCole45: Sarah is the strongest woman I know besides my wife and what she has gone through I don't think I could ever go through. Amy and I are here for you always Sarah. Reach out to us when you need us. Joey thank you for taking care of her because she really needs you. 😊

Then a saw a couple of others and then I saw Jess limited the comments. I was thankful she did.

Joey walked in and saw the post on his phone and he just smiled at me.

I was going to be okay even if I was still hurting so bad and healing but with him here I was slowly opening again.