Brooklyn Thoughts......Part 1.

When Sarah found out that Cody had the baby with Chase a couple of days ago and that she was moving in I knew I had to leave Tennessee but I was going to stop and see my daughter first before I would leave.

She met me at the coffee shop a couple of miles down the road from her college.

Sapphire: Are you sure you are ok mom?
Me: Yes sweetie but I need to leave and I brought the movers with me who are outside.
Sapphire: Okay mom I love you and call Kyle and I when you arrive in Brooklyn.
Me: I will honey don't worry sweetie.
Sapphire: Thanks mom.

As I walked out and she went back to school I knew she was going to be safe with Kyle.

Thankfully I could stop along the way and take breaks since I was alone.

I drove for a couple of more hours until I arrived in New Jersey since I was sooo angry that I stepped on the gas. I stopped to see my parents and they were happy I left. I stayed with them for the night in my old room and then the next morning I woke up and was on my way. My mom thinks I really don't sleep and she is seriously correct.

When I would get to my place in Brooklyn I would settle down.

After about two hours being stuck in brutal NYC traffic I told Aaron to meet me at my place and help me and the movers move stuff in.

A couple of minutes later Aaron called me and told me he was outside and I went to give him a hug and he smiled back at me and told me he was seeing someone and I was happy for him. He said he had a date with her later and I told him I wanted to meet her one day. He was surprisingly okay with it and knew how protective I was over him.

Aaron: How are you?
Me: I'm okay. I'm hanging in there and Sapphire is living with Kyle and they are both still going go school.
Aaron: I'm happy for them.
Me: Yes I know me also.
Aaron: I know you will find someone one day Sarah who is going to love you like I love you and I want you to hold onto them very very tight. Cody and I should have done that with you because you are one special person. I have one friend who I think should come over and help you with the rest of your things to move in here. This is a safe area so you should be okay and the neighbors around here seem to be nice so don't be a stranger.
Me: Thank you and have fun on your date.
Aaron: Thanks. I'm going to call Sapphire and Kyle tomorrow to check on them and see if they are okay.
Me: Yeah that would be a good idea. I know she would want to hear from you. How are the twins?
Aaron: They are okay growing and my mom is back at the house taking care of them with my dad.
Me: I will stop by tomorrow once I get settled in here.
Aaron: Sounds good, good to see you Sarah.
Me: Yep see you.

As soon as he walked out the door I was left in a house alone with all the stuff around.

About an hour into putting stuff away I walked down the stairs to get something to drink when the door bell rang.

I walked to the door and there stood a man who said he was friends with Aaron but I didn't think the person was going to be a guy and this guy I knew very very well from being married to two baseball players already. He said he just got signed with the Yankees and he was the only one available to help me unpack and to be honest with you I could see the Italian genes right on his face.

Me: Hi Joey.
Joey: Hi Sarah. Aaron said you needed some help and some company and I was the only one available.
Me: Thank you Joey. I need your help in the kitchen everything else seems to be done.
Joey: Okay. I moved to Brooklyn so I am not too far from you.
Me: Oh that is good to know. Are you enjoying being with the Yankees?
Joey: Yeah I grew up a fan so being in the uniform helps me remember how much I missed it. I know I can build a home here.
Me: Yeah I can see you doing that. I am the go to woman for the players besides the women in their lives and I have two kids with Judge and one adoptive one with Bellinger but I left them for a reason. I am now only in their lives for the kids and for nothing else. I am just going to continue with my writing and just to live my life as a single pringle.
Joey: Well the join the club with me.
Me: You are handsome why are you single?
Joey: I haven't found the right woman to make me happy and to settle down with.
Me: Oh well I hope you find her. For me I will go on dates with guys but I really need one who is going to be around longer than Aaron and Cody have.
Joey: No I completely understand what you mean by that. Finding someone for the long haul is pretty damn tough and I know you are looking for someone to appreciate having you around which is nice.
Me: Yep that is my goal. I want someone to understand how to handle kids also.
Joey: Oh well I love kids and I am sure your kids are grown now.
Me: Yeah Sapphire is in college with her boyfriend who is Kyle LeMahieu DJ's son and my son Conner is also in college with his girlfriend Rebecca. Then my adoptive son Christopher is Corey and Mady Seager's nephew who now lives in Tennessee with them. I keep in touch with all of them. I am just a happy single mom.
Joey: I appreciate you taking care of the kids Sarah.
Me: Yeah I do also. The men in my life just mess up when shit gets too damn hard. I married two baseball players and dated a Navy sailor so shit sucked but I learn my lessons.
Joey: The Navy Sailor caught me off guard.
Me: Yeah it throws a lot of people off and I haven't talked to him in a long time so yeah that's that.
Joey: Must suck.
Me: Mhm.
Joey: I am going to heat up the food.
Me: Okay sounds good.

In the next chapter lets see what Sarah does to enter the next chapter of her life.

Stay tuned.

Hi Readers,
I am sorry I haven't updated in soo long but now I am back and you are going to get a couple of chapters out of me this week. This book is going to be a little longer than I thought so come enjoy the roller coaster ride with me.

Thanks!
Sarah☺️