Flying. Home. Mysterious Phone Call. Love. 📞💙

As Cody and Sarah flew back to LA Grant and Anna went back to North Carolina. They knew they were going to meet soon and even if Grant had to deploy soon he knew things were going to be hard for Anna since she was going to be alone for maybe more than two months. Grant didn't know how long his departure was going to be but he knew Anna was going to be okay.

Anna was holding Grant's hand on the plane and he kept squeezing her's back knowing she was going to be fine.

Anna: What am I going to do when you are gone?
Grant: Babe you always know what to do trust me on that.
Anna: I'm going to miss you too much.
Grant: I will call you when I can you know that.
Anna: Do you know where they are having you go?
Grant: Starting in Germany then we have to go to Japan.
Anna: Please be careful. Don't make me worry about you too much baby.
Grant: I promise you are going to be coming with me next year to Germany because I know I can't leave you alone for a whole year. That is too much for me and you know that.
Anna: I'm glad I'm coming with you Grant.
Grant: Yeah I know. Maybe we can think about getting a dog and maybe starting a family soon?
Anna: I would like that a lot but I would like to do that here in North Carolina.
Grant: Yeah babe. I know what you mean.

After their conversation they fell asleep and then when they woke up they were in a cab back to their place.

As soon as they walked in Anna got a call from a random number. She didn't pick it up because she didn't know it. It did say North Carolina in the ID but she thought it would have been one of those "robo" calls. She ignored it and went to help Grant with lunch downstairs since he wanted to get the cooking started.

Grant: Who called you baby?
Anna: Robo calls.
Grant: I hate those. Waste of time.
Anna: Oh yeah I know. It isn't that important anyways. I know I'm going to be keeping myself busy when you leave next Tuesday.
Grant: Today is only Saturday honey slow down. Do you want to get rid of me that fast? (;
Anna: No! I don't want you to leave. Who am I going to kiss and cuddle with at night?
Grant: Don't you have "Beary?"
Anna: I mean yeah I guess I could use him. He is always with me even when you are here and when you are gone. I know that for a fact.
Grant: You know I am always going to call you even when I'm going to be searching for WiFi and service.
Anna: Yeah I know. I love you Grant.
Grant: Love you more honey bun. ❤️

He bent down to kiss her like he hadn't kissed her before and things went to the couch with the stove in the kitchen turned off.

Grant started going to town on Anna's neck and to be honest you just know Anna was enjoying it. ;)

Anna: Grant my mom is calling

Anna: Grant my mom is calling. Go check on the food.
Grant: Anna. Your mom called us before we walked in the house.
Anna: I'm sorry I'm just in the zone at the moment and damn your lips I can't handle the comfort.
Grant: You mean you love it? ;)
Anna: Yeah that. ;)
Grant: Mhm. My Crayon Boy Charm. ;)
Anna: Yeah that.

As they kept going they ended up obviously having sex all over the house which lead to them having lunch for dinner.

Grant: I am wondering if Sarah and Cody got home

Anna: Babe they have been home since three.
Grant: We must have been in the moment.
Anna: Clearly. ;)
Grant: Oh well at least they are home.
Anna: Yeah I know. ;)

A couple of seconds later Anna got a call from Camp Lejune.

Grant: Babe?
Anna: Huh?
Grant: Who else do you know from Camp Lejune?
Anna: Babe we know people from all over. I will call the person back later. Maybe I'm looking for a job with the Corps.
Grant: In the office or something?
Anna: Mhm. I was applying when you were at base during those days and I spoke to some people who knew you and they gave me some job leads.
Grant: Oh okay. Maybe you should call them back.
Anna: Yeah maybe.

Anna walked into the other room at the other side of the house with only Grant's shirt on.

She called back the number and when she heard the voice on the other line it was a voice she remembered from Tik Tok videos.

James. The James yes.

Anna: Hello?
James: Hi Anna.
Anna: Hello.
James: Is this a bad time?
Anna: Actually yes. It is.
James. I will call you back in a couple of days then. You must be with your husband.
Anna: Wait how do you know I'm married?
James: Your Instagram and Snapchat.
Anna: Crap. I forgot. I'm sorry. Please call back in a couple of days.
James: I'm sorry Anna. Okay.
Anna: Can I call you back at this number?
James: Yes. See you soon.
Anna: Yeah. See you.

When Anna hung up she turned around and didn't see anyone but her husband at the door with just a sheet wrapped around him.

Grant: Who's James?
Anna: A guy I knew from Pendleton. We talk from time to time because he has family that live a couple of miles away. He works for Corps and he is the one giving me job leads. He knows Dave and Drew from the base.
Grant: Okay. Cool. I guess you are going to be meeting with him in a couple of days.
Anna: Um. Yeah.
Grant: Okay. Good luck. :)
Anna: Thanks.

When Grant walked out of the room to go sit on the couch and watch some TV Anna took a deep breath and was happy Grant really didn't know who James was.

This was going to be a roller coaster for Anna but she was willing to only be friends with James because she didn't want to ruin things with Grant.

Ugh. Her head was spinning in circles. 🥺

She needed a signal from God. 🙏🏻

In the next chapter Anna deals with the battles in her head and heart while Sarah tells The Bellinger's about the proposal.

Stay tuned. (;