•Chapter 9

≈Miami, FL...

{ One Week Later | (8:30 a.m) }

Kalvin stopped the ignition and got out of his car, then went to help Cora. Today, they had the doctor appointment to see how the pregnancy was going. It was a first for Kalvin. It had never been in this position before, but he had to get used to it, since it was going to be one of his new activities for the next months. He knew it was real, but there was still a little part of his brain that didn't want to believe that he was going to be a father in a couple of months. He really wasn't ready and he didn't know if he will be one day. Well before the baby comes at least. Fortunately his father raised him to become a responsible man and had had an example of what a father is. A good father. He just had to do what his own father did with him, his sister and brother.

Xavier Ryans loved his kids and showed them every day. He was authoritarian, but definitely knew how to have fun. He taught so much to Kaldrick, Kalia and Kalvin, that's why they became so independent within the years. He taught them the difference between the bad and the good, how you should act and in what type of situations, to always be careful with whom you decided to hang out, to not give time to stupid people, the politeness, to always think before to act-

Kalvin shook his head to that thought. He didn't think before to act ! He didn't use his brain, he didn't listen to his daddy, he didn't follow his dad's advice and now he was in this predicament.

Though, his grandma said one day that children are the best blessing you can have in your life and anybody who has the chance to have some or at least one, should simply thank God and promise to take care of the present he gave them. Then she said that people are always thinking negative and complaining instead of just being grateful and appreciate what they already have. Then she had said that happiness is not always what you wished for. Kalvin couldn't remember why and when these words got out of her mouth, but they never quited his mind. He looked up at the sky and smiled.

"So, how are you feeling ? " He asked Cora as opening the door for her.

"Thanks. Hmmm...I don't know. I think everything is alright, so I'm not worrying." She answered as they walked towards the reception.

The old lady beamed warmly at the two, "Good morning ! How can I help you ? " Her voice was joyful and friendly. Cora definitely liked her vibe.

"Good morning ! We have an appointment with Dr. Gregoirs at 8:45 a.m." Cora answered smiling back. Kalvin was looking around feeling uncomfortable being there. 

The receptionist typed on her keyboard, "Yes, you must be miss Cora McKall. The doctor will be there in ten minutes. Can you please go in the waiting room ? I'll call you as soon as Dr.Gregoirs is done with her other patient." She said nicely and Cora nodded.

The two went in the waiting room where there were others pregnant women and kids playing around. Two chairs were free, so they sat down. Cora took a magazine and started to look through it, while Kalvin was busy with his phone. She knew he was a bit nervous about all this. It was new for him. He reminded her of herself when she was carrying the twins.

She didn't know what was going to happen to her and how everything will go. She had never had a baby before and wasn't ready to enter the parenthood, but she had too. Then her mother's words echoed in her mind. She wasn't sure if she should tell him about Acacia and Almar now or later. She didn't want to scare him, but they were going to spend a lot of time together from now and she needed to get this weight off her shoulders, but she didn't know how to do it.