Episode 94: Real Purpose

Me: WHAT IS THIS?! AN UPDATE?! For that question, YES IT IS AN UPDATE I AM SO SORRY FOR ABANDONING THIS---OK I should stop with that. Anyway, here's Episode 94!

Op Song: HaruKaze (Bleach Opening 15)
Ed Song: Karma (Tales of the Abyss Official Ending: Covered by AfterGlow)

===========================

Dad: Dropped off Kouji and Rushe at Feliciano's place. They wouldn't leave yet until they saw you guys won.
Dad: I'll be with them for a while, actually. Best of luck to you and the rest.

I tried hiding my concern, but after a while I can sense that my facial expressions and spacing out at random times were beginning to show. 

The ride to the hospital was quiet, except for Kogure's pranks on Kabeyama. Laughter wasn't absent, that's for sure. Once we arrived, we saw Natsumi with a man who had a grey beard, was wearing sunglasses and a cap with a yellow shirt, dark blue jacket and brown pants with shoes. 

"N-Natsumi-san!" Haruna was shocked in seeing her there of all places. In fact, all of us were.

"What are you doing here?" Aki asked, still not recovering from the shock.

"Ah, so you haven't told them yet, Endou-kun." Natsumi says, that same smile from when we were back at Raimon being shown to us. Endou just gave an "Oh, yeah" while Kidou looks at him. 

"This is Mr. Araya." Natsumi gestures to the man now. "Cotarl's nationals, Little Gigant's coach." Oh, so this is the coach of the man who beat Fideo... but that doesn't explain why she was with him. I was about to ask that when Clara had already gone ahead to do so. "But how come you're with him?"

"Because I'm Little Gigant's manager."

The response came out so casually that, I showed my shocked expression like everyone else. Before anyone could talk, there was a voice calling Natsumi and Mr. Araya from the distance.

"Ryuu?" Natsumi looked at the boy once he had already gotten close. "Ryuu" was a white haired-boy with dark eyes and dark skin wearing a red bandana on his head with some hair sticking out. Kinda looks like Shirou... if he got a tan, dyed his hair whitish blonde and wore black contact lenses. He was on his knees, obviously tired from running. I'm just going to guess that he ran a large mile, considering that he was panting heavily. 

"What happened?" Mr. Araya and Natsumi rushed to his side. Ryuu looked up them with worry, still out of breath. "The Cotarl area... It's---!"

"HELP!"

"Sakuma-san/Rena!"

"W-Wha?" I looked around. I didn't realize that I was on the ground. Rosa was looking at me with concern and Jirou was already at my side. "Rena, what happened? You just suddenly blanked out." He looked more concern than Rosa and the others. "Rena, I'm asking again: What happened?" Jirou repeated. I gulped. 

What was I going to say?

"I... I just heard a voice." I manage to muster out.

"Didn't the curse... is this a side effect?" I hear Akio ask in complete anger. 

"Look, we can talk about this later!" We hear Ryuu say. "Our area's being destroyed!"

============================= 

We arrived at Cotarl's Area, and everything was a mess. Poles were broken and blocked some routes. Most of the buildings were broken and damaged. "This is... this is horrible." I mutter out. 

"Let's go and find them, and the ones doing this." We all gave a nod at what Endou said. I was about to go and follow them when Endou had stopped me from doing so. "You don't need to follow us." He says.

I gave a confused look. "Endou, you do realize that we have to stick together in this, right?"

"I know, it's just that I know that one of those voices in your head called for help." I look at Endou, shocked. If he heard it, then how come everyone else didn't? "Rena," He continues. "That voice could be anyone. And besides, you were going to go anyway."

"Endou..." I look at the ground. I feel his hand on my shoulder. "Go and find us once you have the source material." I look up at him.

That smile on his face is contagious somehow. 

That same smile that kept all of us moving forward.

========================

It was hard getting past the poles and broken buildings, but I managed to find my way through them. It took most of my stamina since almost all of the pathways were blocked. I had to jump, crawl, and at some point did flips just to get through. 

Immediately I was met with a huge house. It was the only one that didn't look dilapidated by the attackers. 

"She got it out, huh?"

"Sakuma encountered Kuroi, who has partiality of the Alteria Curse."

"And so the curse is back in her?"

"Not quite... it seems that my brother had decided to intervene once more into my plans. Kiku was always the meddling type."

I'm guessing that must be the guys after me. Well, crap. 

"So... what's wrong?"

"You do know that one of the members within Sakuma's circle has the Artemis Key."

Artemis Key? OK, this is getting confusing... way too confusing...

"HELP!"

There goes that voice again, this time more clearer. The voice sounded so desperate for help. But it wasn't coming from the huge house. 

"What does that thing do again?"

"Are you an idiot, Flavio? Same with you Luciano. Look, that key will make Sakuma unlock her real potential. She's already unlocked 90% of her real potential even with the curse inside of her. Basically, Sakuma will end up like her friends."

"Meaning she'll be normal?"

I back away, horrified.

Then I ran, feeling chills going down my spine.

Me: Aight so that's the update! For now ehehe. I honestly don't know when I'll update again, so... yeah.