Episode 16: Meeting The National Youth Soccer Team

I'm glad that my mom had allowed me to go with my brother and the rest of the team, and that my dad had let us stay at the National Soccer Youth soccer field for celebrating. So, even that Teikoku lost, they can still enter the Nationals because they were the winners of last year's Football Frontier. 

"So, you weren't lying about you're ability. I thought you were just joking." Narukami said, smirking at me. "Meh, people say I lie anyway. So I'm not even gonna get that mad." I said, rolling my eyes at him while smiling. "I'm surprised that you figured it out." Koujirou teased. My face heated up a little. "You gave a hint, dummy." I flicked his forehead. 

"Where's Kuroi?" Kidou asked. "Enjoying the victory party with Endou and the others at Rai Rai Ken." I said, shrugging. "How come you didn't go?" Ena asked. "I mean, you are part of Raimon now after all." He added. "I missed you guys, alright?" I muttered.

"Aww~ Little copy cat missed us~" Henmi teased, smirking. "Oh shut up." I pushed him off, but he landed on Oono. "We missed you too. It's not really fun if you're not around anyway." Jirou said while putting his arm around me. "So Kuroi doesn't miss me?" Koujirou asked.

"He misses you, big time." I said. "And hey, I'm not a dummy, you are." He pinched my cheek, and my face was heating up even more. "Kouji!" I pushed him off, and he landed on the grass. Everyone, except Narukami and Jimon, were holding their snickers. 

"Nice seeing you again!"

"Who's he?" Doumen asked, looking at a boy with dirty blonde hair, wearing a sleeveless turtle neck and jeans. 

"Captain Ishida!" I exclaimed, teasing him. Yamato had this thing; Whenever we call him captain, his ears turn red. "Geez! We're not in 4th grade anymore, Rena!" Yamato chuckled at me and helped Koujirou stand up.

"I'm guessing that he's the captain of your elementary school team?" Sakiyama asked. "Yep. Yamato, Mimi, Sora, Taichi, Koushiro, Koujirou, Rena and I were the best team there was. Along with three foreigners, Arthur, Allen, and Tsuki." Jirou said. "But Nina came along and... crazy stuff." He added.

"How's the team going?" I asked. "Going great. Although Arthur already moved away and transferred, so someone wanted to tryout for the team." Yamato said. "And you'll never guess who that person is."

"Is it your brother, Takeru?" Koujirou asked. "Nope. He's joining next year after his ninth birthday." Yamato said. "Is it Taichi's sister, Hikari?" Jirou asked. "Again, no. Taichi will let her join after her tenth birthday." Yamato gave a wide smile. 

"Alright, Yamato. Tell us who." I said. I was excited to see this new member of the National Soccer Youth team, maybe this person can be a good addition.

"Gin-Gin, that's your go!" Yamato called out.

In 10 seconds, a girl with brown hair did a back-flip over Oono and landed perfectly next to Jirou. Wait, she looks vaguely like Nina...

"Hernandez Gina! Nina's sister!" She exclaimed. Oh, so that explains it. Wait, a what?!

"Hernandez?!" I asked in shock. "Well, yeah. I'm her younger sister. I'm 12 and she's 13." Gina said. "OK, if you are like her---" "Don't worry. Gina's a really nice person, and he ability in gymnastics gives an extra boost to whenever she passes or makes a goal." Yamato said, cutting off Jirou's sentence.

"Speaking of your team," Kidou spoke. "I'd like to see it, if you don't mind."

Yamato gave a small look of surprise. "Well, just meeting them. Koushiro's injured, and because of school, we don't have that much time to play soccer." He said.

Kidou looked at me, Koujirou, and Jirou. I saw that Koujirou just nod and Jirou shrugged. I shrugged too; I had nothing to say really.

"Meeting them will be fine." Kidou said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone from Teikoku had finally met the team. Me, Jirou and Koujirou were feeling the awkwardness already, and neither of them had even said a word yet. Jirou cleared his throat and said, "Guys, these are Rena's, Koujirou's, and my teammates before we enrolled at Teikoku Gakuen."

Kidou first eyed Taichi. Yagami Taichi. He had spiky brown hair like Koujirou's, had goggles over his head (which oddly enough looked liked Kidou's goggles), a blue shirt, and brown shorts. Taichi is what would you consider, the other half of Endou, due to the enthusiasm. Also, he's a forward and a keeper

Narukami looked at Sora. Takenouchi Sora. She had short orange hair that was covered by a blue hat, a sleeveless yellow shirt, and blue jeans. Sora was a kind-hearted girl, but most of the time, she can be a little pessimistic. She's like Kino, in a way. Also, she's a midfielder.

Oono was staring at Koushiro. Izumi Koushiro. He had messy red hair, an orange polo, and shorts similar to Taichi's. He was the strategist of the field, kinda like Kidou. Koushiro, to me, was a computer nerd. Don't get me wrong, he's good at soccer, especially with his position as a defender. But when it comes to computers, he is a nerd. Also, he had a cast on his arm.

Sakiyama and Mimi were looking (or should I say glaring) at each other. Tachikawa Mimi. She had long, peach colored hair, and instead of her usual red dress, she was wearing the shirt I got her on her birthday, which was a green shirt with a pink flower on it, and a yellow skirt. Mimi was a defender, but when she's out of the field, she can be a little... how should Jirou say, over-dramatic.

Doumen was staring (or looking up) at Allen. Wataru Allen. Allen had messy blue hair, a long sleeved shirt, and black pants. Allen was born in Canada, but was raised here in Japan. He's one of the quickest players on the field, due to his position was a forward. Allen was a... well, he had this bad boyish attitude, but he's also pretty sweet once you get to know him.

And lastly, Henmi, Mukumoto, and Ena were staring at Tsuki. Ikisara Tsuki. She had white hair and black highlights, a soccer jersey shirt (which was Hokkaido's old jersey shirt), and the pants I sold her during our garage sale, which were parachute pants. Tsuki was... a mysterious person. I mean, she's always quiet. But when she's on the field, it's like her personality changes. 

The three of us (me, Jirou and Koujirou), were feeling the awkwardness even more now, and Yamato and Kidou were sweat dropping due to the aura. 

There was silence for 5 minutes...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
... Until Yamato spoke up. "OK... so I guess... this ends the meeting?" He said, although it was more like a question.

Tsuki spoke up. "Nice meeting you all." She said.

Soon the awkwardness faded when Taichi shook Kidou's hand, and everyone else was getting along. (except for Narukami and Allen, for some reason).

After the whole, "being friends" thing, Yamato and the others bid their goodbyes and left, and some of Teikoku's members bid their goodbyes as well. That left me, Gina, Jirou, and Koujirou on the field.

"So, how's your older sister?" Jirou asked.

"She is angry." Gina said, shuddering.

"How angry?" I asked.

"Imagine your grandma getting angry, that's how angry she is." Gina said.

Koujirou shuddered. Me and Jirou were actually on good terms with our grandmas, so we couldn't get the vision in our minds.

"She plans on getting back though, but her team had already quit. Only Akari stayed with her." Gina said.

"Serves her right." I muttered.

"But hey, it's her fault." Gina shrugged. 

"I think that she shouldn't play soccer. At all." Koujirou said.

"Dad already had that covered. She's transferring to Poveda right after the entrance ceremony." Gina smiled. "So I'm takin' in her position!"

"Rena," Koujirou looked at me. I shook my head. "She can have it. Plus, I won't be back yet anyway." I said.

"So, do you think on break we can form the team again?" Jirou looked at me and Koujirou.

"Definitely." Me and Koujirou winked at him.