Episode 44: Another Nightmare

A/N: Play the video when her nightmare starts
***********************************************

We were going to Fukuoka to get a notebook. Most likely Endou Daisuke's notebook in Yokato Jr. High. Once we arrived, we were greeted by the Yokato Jr. High's soccer team, and we also found out that their goalkeeper, Tachimukai Yuuki, can copy God Hand. Well, I'm not mad that someone else can copy other techniques. (Kuroi assumed that I would get mad)

We also found out that Daisuke studied here in Yokato, and that the last notebook was entrusted to the headmaster of the school. There was a technique in there that didn't really make that much sense to him, or to any of us in that matter.

Then afterwards....

"God Hand!"

Tachimukai caught the ball with ease by using God Hand. I gave a light whistle, and Gina looked at me. "Rena, how long did it take for you to copy all those techniques you wrote for... a year or so?" She asked.

"Let's not talk about that now, please." I said through gritted teeth. 

"Rena can do God Hand too! So show 'em, Copy Cat~!"

Kuroi pushed me in front of the two goalkeepers, and I stood there awkwardly. Tachimukai stared at me for a minute...

...then backed away, saying, "T-The C-Copy Cat of Teikoku!"

"EH?!" Rika, Kogure, and Touko looked at me with widened eyes. I groaned. Kuroi is so dead.

"How can you be here?! Collecting data on us so you can be a famous soccer player?!" 

"Shouldn't you be with Kuroi and the others? Or did you had enough of gathering data?"

"Shut it, Urabe. I'm not like that." I said under my breath.

Rika gave me a concerned look and asked, "Hey, I didn't---"

"Save it, Urabe." I looked at Endou. "Sorry, but I need to... call someone."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rena? What's wrong?"

"Mom... It's about..." I sighed. 

"Honey, is it about your ability again?" 

"Mom... why do they keep assuming that I'll take data from them?" 

Ten seconds of silence, then a sigh.

"Rena, your father and I have been talking and... We figured that this is too big of a responsibility. Yes, you, Endou, and your other teammates are with you, but what if you lose?"

I didn't say anything. I was... upset to even come up with a reply.

"Honey, just call again when you want to leave. Feliciano will pick you up. Bye, sweetie."

"Bye, mom."

I closed my phone and sighed. I made 5 calls; Jirou, Koujirou, Kenjirou, Rosa, and my mom. Due to the long conversations, I missed the practice match and it was already sunset. I sighed. "I know I shouldn't believe her... urgh..."

All of us met up at dinner. Rika had apologized a couple of times and I forgave her for it; I'm not the type to hold grudges that long. It depends on the person and what they did to me. If it's not serious, then after a few hours (2 or 3), I'd forgive them. But if it really hurts, then it's gonna take them awhile.

"Rena-chan?"

"Hmm?" I glanced at Otonashi.

"You've been a little distant. You OK?" She asked.