Episode 22: The Notebook

Play the song when Rena finishes her conversation with Genda
*********************************************************

"Geez, what matter was so important that you had to be absent?! We have a new team member named Ichinose Kazuya!" 

Kuroi had told me everything again. The Magician of the Field, also known as Ichinose Kazuya, had joined the team yesterday. He, Kino, and Asuka knew each other when they were in America. So I guess that solves Asuka's plays for missing something.

But after training, we found out that we were up against Kidokawa Seishuu, Shuuya's old school. I could tell by the look on his face, he was upset about this. Going up against your old teammates is pretty awkward. Especially if they hate you that much for them to compete against you. And we also found out that the winner for Block A was decided, and of course the winner was Zeus. I gulped silently, and I saw that Kuroi gave a weird glance but I ignored it.

Now, Kidou, Kuroi, Endou, Shuuya and I were under a tree that was right outside the school grounds. And I felt more comfortable wearing my casual clothing. Well, we were outside the school so it was fine for me to change into this.

"Endou, you make sure that the defense is tight." Kidou said to Endou. "The opponent should be focused on attack for the most part."

"Yeah. Our defense is going to be easy! I'm pumped up!" Endou exclaimed.

"So our attacks is gonna be in counterattack style?" I asked.

"Not only are you a copy cat, a hissatsu examiner, but you're also a good field strategist." Kuroi teased.

"Oh please." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Gouenji, watch out for the timing when the formation changes." Kidou turned to Shuuya, who answered with a, "Yeah". Again, I could tell he was feeling upset about this. I felt that kind of feeling before, so it's no surprise that I would understand that.

"Maybe we should take a break from the planning?" Kuroi suggested.

"Kuroi's right. Come with me!" Endou exclaimed, already running ahead. 

We followed him, and he lead us to a sweet shop that was in town. Frankly, I didn't know this would be here, so me, Shuuya and Kidou were surprised at this. Kuroi however had gone inside already.

"What? You haven't been here before?" Endou asked.

"Yeah..." The three of us answered at the same time

Endou had already went in, and Shuuya gave a smile and shrug before going over to the vending machine.

"So they still have places like these in Inazuma Town." Kidou said, looking around the place, and I could see he was smiling a little. Come to think of it, it's the first time I've seen him smile.

 Come to think of it, it's the first time I've seen him smile

"Yeah, it's my first time here too." I said, smiling back.

The both of us sat down on a bench which was near the vending machine, where Shuuya was. He got 2 drinks out of it, and tossed one at me. (I didn't catch it, but it landed on my lap anyway)