Episode 20: Break The Infinite Wall!

"K-Kidou Yuuto?!"

"EH?! Our ex-captain is here?!" Kuroi looked at me. I did not expect a visit from him! Wait, in tournament rules, if a student transfers right before the match, he'll be considered as a team member. So, Kidou transferred to Raimon to become one of the members?! 

"Kidou, I don't mean to be rude here," Kuroi started. "But, what the heck are you doing here?!"

"I won't pull back for what they've done." Kidou said. I believe he was referring to Zeus Jr. I went over to him...

And gave him a flick on the forehead, twice.

"What. Was that for?" He asked me.

"For being late, and for not telling me and Kuroi at least." I crossed my arms.

All of us had got on the pitch. Shishido and Handa were benched. Leaving Kidou is Shishido's position and Kuroi in Handa's. Ok, I'm getting nervous... but Kidou is the game maker... but everyone else isn't quite comfortable with this...

The kickoff started. Everyone's passes weren't connecting at all, and Senbayama already scored a point. Ah geez... they still haven't found out yet? Not like they would notice it sooner.

Soon the kickoff started again. Thanks to Kidou's commands, their passes were starting to connect. "Now that's a game maker." I heard my mom said.

Matsuno had passed it to Someoka, and he used Dragon Crash, but it was stopped by the goalkeeper, using Makiwari Chop. Dang. And we were getting a little closer to scoring. "Almost... I should've read the data more..."

"Rena, I think it's best if you just keep watching, instead of murmuring to yourself..." Otonashi said, sweat dropping. 

Kazemaru had passed the ball to Matsuno, but was stopped by three defenders using "Kagome, Kagome". Again, we were almost there to the first score. Soon the first half ended with Senbayama in the lead with 1-0. 

I didn't need to see the infinite wall. I knew about it anyway. I tried copying it once, but it was my first fail and I ended up hitting my head in the grass.

"Guys, cheer up!" Endou encouraged. "We haven't lost yet!"

"Yeah, we'll catch up!" Kuroi encouraged as well.

"Let's go with Someoka as the 1-top formation lead for the second half." Kidou said. 

"1-top?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"It's true that the Infinite Wall is tough, but it has a weakness." Kidou said. 

"A weakness?" Kazemaru asked.

"Oh. I get it. Since Infinite Wall is a combination play involving three people, Someoka can pretend that he's attacking one of the defenders, by making one of them go separate from each other, so they won't be able to use Infinite Wall." I said.

"How are you reading my mind?" Kidou looked at me.

"Uh... quick guess?" I said, scratching the back of my neck. 

"Hold on," Kuroi started, but was cut off by Handa. "Are you sure we should be pushing Gouenji back? That's not our soccer! Gouenji and Someoka are our 2-top. That's our soccer!"

Everyone looked at each other. "That's true, but..." Kurimatsu muttered.

This is bad. Real bad.

"You don't understand." Kidou suddenly said.

"Yikes..." My mom muttered. 

"This is the Football Frontier, got it?" Kidou said that with a stern and serious look on his face. It sorta creeps me out, way worse than Gojou's smile...