Episode 58: The Shocking Announcement!

It was a few months after the crazy Aliea fiasco. And I heard that the FFI was starting today. I didn't really hear from my brother about the selection, but he said he wasn't chosen. Aww, that's too bad. But he, along with the others, are going to watch the ceremony today. The opening.

I had chosen to wear casual clothing; Of course, my penguin shirt, pants, and this time, I'm wearing boots. Jirou was wearing a blue shirt and jeans, along with sneakers. Afterwards, we met up with Gina, Nina, Koujirou, and our newest member, Takanashi Shinobu, at the cafe at we set off for the stadium. Luckily, once we arrived we took our seats near the stairs and at the front.

"Too bad you guys didn't get chosen..." Gina said.

"It's alright. I heard that they switch representatives." Jirou said. I heard that too... but I'm guessing he'll be the one getting the ticket.

"Not to mention that only Kidou and Fudou got in... I'm not sure Fudou would even play right." Koujirou said, glaring at the ground.

"There's the prime minister, and the guy's gonna announce!" Nina said.

"The first preliminary match for FFI's Asia region! The Football Frontier stadium is packed with swarms of people! All prelims for the Asia region will be held at this stadium. And, out of eight countries, only one team will advance to the main competition. Which team will be able to represent Asia?!"

The Prime Minister cleared his throat. "This is an exciting occasion for young boys. Which country will be strongest soccer team in the world? The competition of dreams, Football Frontier International, will decide this. Today's match..." He stopped at mid sentence, and motioned for...

Touko, Rosa, and... Katokima?

I saw Touko lower the microphone down to her level. Rosa and Katokima were at her side, looking nervous. "Today's match will be tomorrow, for I have an announcement to make."

"Wonder what it is..." I said.

"As I've heard, there was once an only all girls team that participated in the FFI but sadly disappeared due to a threatening situation." Touko started. "So, when I told my father, he allowed only one, female player to join Inazuma Japan. Midorikawa Katokima-san will announce the names. If you are called, please go to the side of the booth that we're standing on."

Touko left the mic and Katokima was holding a sheet of paper, and started. "Takanashi Shinobu."

"Well then, see ya." Shinobu stood up and made her way down to where Touko was,

"Hernandez Trina."

I saw a girl with black hair walk with Shinobu. Wow, you can tell she is a Hernandez by her looks and style of clothing.

"Yagami Hikari."

A girl at the age of eight walked down. Isn't she a bit too young?

"Hitofuri Nika."

Another girl with identical hair like Ryuuji walked down.

"And lastly, Sakuma Rena."

What?

What?!

"Rena-chan, get down there!" Nina forced me to stand up and pushed me.

"Go on sis, you've dreamed about it, now you live it." Jirou smiled at me.

"Get going, penguin!" Koujirou messed up my hair. I laughed as I fixed my hair and walked down. Once there, I stood next to Nika. Yup, identical hair like Ryuuji and identical eyes like Katokima. But she did have red highlights.

"These girls are going to the members." Katokima announced. "Zaizen-sama suggested that 22 girls should be here, therefore dividing them into 11. There's team A and team B. The captain for team A is Trina, and the captain for team B is Rena."

I saw Trina smile with confidence and me? Shocked as heck! I'm a captain at Teikoku but not for this!

Then, Katokima moved aside and Rosa took the stage. "I will be the assistant trainer of Inazuma Japan and the girl who is chosen to play. So good luck! Shinobu, Nika, and Hikari, pick your team!"

"Hey, mind if I go with you?" Nika asked.

"Uh, yeah sure." I said.

"I'll go with this one." Shinobu said, putting an arm around me.

Touko took the stage again. "You have a few weeks to pick your members. You match of fate begins in a few weeks, before the representing country leaves for Liocott Island. You may now, start."

I wrote down my team already;

1. Shinobu
2. Nika
3. Sora
4. Mimi
5. Gina
6. Nina
7. Reina
8. Katokima
9. Hanako
10. Akira

"My name's Hitofuri Nika." Nika introduced. "Let's win this."

"Yeah, let's." I said.

Well then, we have a lot of time, so it's best if I tell them first, then we'd get to practice!