Episode 59: Thoughts and Training

A/N: Play the music above when you read "Flashback; A few weeks ago"
*********************************************************************

"Got your kit set?"

"Yup."

"Team members?"

"Yup."

"Your Sakuma skills?"

"Dad!"

My dad laughed at his own joke. It was already the next day. When I told my parents about it... well, dad was so happy. Mom gave me her best wishes, but it felt like she wasn't happy at all. That's when I remembered my dream; When I ask the younger version of mom, she just said that I'll find out soon...

"It's almost time!" My dad exclaimed. "You better start!"

"Bye mom, bye dad! Tell Jirou I already left!"

I grabbed my duffle bag and ran out of the house. I was excited for training! Especially, it's an all girls' team!!! I can't wait! If any of us gets in, then I'm happy enough for them!

*************************************************

"Ah... so Reina joined Trina, so we have a replacement?"

"Yup! This is Yagami Hikari!" Nina introduced. Now I remember, she's Taichi's little sister. 

"Also, Gina went to Liocott already, and Mimi went abroad, so we have two other girls..." Sora said.

There, right behind my friend, Utsonomiya Akira, was a girl who had black hair and eyes similar to Fudou's. She was already wearing the team kit, so it no surprise to that. I cleared my throat. "I'm the captain, Sakuma Rena. What's yours?"

"...Nica. Fudou Nica..." The girl replied in a monotone voice. Oh no wonder the Fudou eyes were there... hope that's she not like her brother.

The other girl was Midou Reika. I kept in contact with her, even thought she was a complete and utter insult when she thought I was Jirou when she called.

"OK guys, let's get started with training!" I exclaimed. "All of you, go get changed, and we'll started with stretches. K?"

"Hai, taichou!" Everyone shouted.

When all of us got changed into our team kits, which considered the colors of indigo, dark teal, and light green, we got off to our stretching routine; 2 laps, 20 sit ups, 20 push ups, a 50 minute break, 2 more laps, 10 jumping jacks, and a soccer practice match along with kicking practice.

We would take at least half the day, so we might uh... extend a little bit.

"Mou, tsuka reta!" My cousin, Hanako panted, right after we did the push ups. 

"Min'na, hon'nosukoshi sutoretchi renshū shi, watashitachiha kyūkei o toru koto ga dekimasu." I said, panting. Boy I really wished I didn't plan all this.

So, we took our break. I admit, being a captain is hard. Well, I'm a captain at Teikoku, but my brother is as well. This is the first time that I became a leader without my brother. I looked at the sky as I drank my water.

"Sakuma-san, we have 20 minutes left." 

I looked over and saw Akira. Right. I heard that her little brother, Toramaru, got chosen, so I gave a congratulations. Of course, Toramaru trains here most of the time, so I see him every Saturday. "Thanks for telling me, Akira." I said.