Episode 28: Fire Beast Remastered and Majin the Hand

"Rena, you're subbing for Handa."

My thoughts were snapped out when Handa was being carried by Otonashi and Kino. 

"I can't." I looked down.

"Then you're going to accept your father's demands?" Coach Hibiki asked.

Why did this have to be a decision I have to make?

I had no choice but to go on the field, despite me getting worried. Before I stepped on the pitch, everyone else was getting up. Despite the damage, everyone was still standing up. I got on the field already. I was the only one who wasn't injured yet. Kuroi had minor injuries, but he was still standing. "Endou, Kidou, we'll do anything to help." I said.

"Y-Yeah! Let's beat these guys up!" Kuroi shouted, clenching his fists.

Unfortunately, even the both of us got the taste of Zeus's plays. The defense of aiming at the offense, and the offense was aiming at the defense. Hera used Divine Arrow again, and Endou tried using Majin the Hand. He didn't block it, but at least he stopped it.

Then...

Afuro just kicked the ball outside. On purpose. 

"What the heck?" I muttered.

"Rena, I think that drink was the one that they stole of Fudou Hokago-san." Kuroi whispered.

"They have a time to when they can drink it..." I said. "Not good."

They finished their drink and went back on the on field. Everyone else, including me, were getting injured. Kuroi was losing his strength. The ball was passed to me, and I ran forward despite the minor injuries. Getting past Hera and Demete, I managed to get closer to the goal.

"Fire Beast!!!"

The ball was surrounded by a red aura for a moment, then faded as Posei caught it. 

Shoot. That was my only hope of getting a point. Why is Fire Beast so hard to do?! Aside from Hyakuretsu Shot, this was another long technique I had to complete!

Posei tossed the ball to Afuro.

"You think you can win with that measly shot?" He mocked.

"Yeah, I can!" I retorted. 

"Then you thought wrong."

Afuro smirked and kicked the ball straight into my stomach. I couldn't breathe for a minute. His kick almost hit my ribs, but I managed to regain my breath. Everyone else was getting hurt, bad. But Kuroi and Endou had the most amount of pain. Getting blown once or twice and getting a ball kicked in the face was painful enough. Another ball was kicked at me...

And I felt like I was losing my sight...

-----------------------------------------

"...na.... Rena!"

I groaned. "H-Huh?"

"Dude, you worried me!" Kuroi shouted.

"W-What happened?" I asked.

"You got kicked directly in the stomach." Kidou said. "Your father showed up right after you fainted."

I saw my dad on the bench with Fudou Hokago. Wait. "We survived the first half?" I asked.

"For now...." I heard Ichinose mutter.

I was out cold for a couple of minutes. While I was out, Natsumi, my dad and Fudou-san had explained what was Kageyama's intentions, and my dad had explain why he wanted me out in the first place.