Episode 79: A Comforting Lullaby [Filler, but related]

A/N: Short chapter
The vid above is the lullaby Kidou and Rena are singing (only the first verse up until the chorus, the rest can be the background music). This Kidou x Rena moment is for Modmag. Genda x Rena moment will come soon, along with another kiss from Fudou

(the title of the song is "Love in the Ice". It's actually Korean, but they have a Japanese version so I used that one instead)
*************************************************************

For the rest of the practice, I wasn't focusing. And if I was, I'd somehow get all furious and I ended up almost injuring Tachimukai. I avoided all the questions related about the dream and pretended that it was just a blank dream. To make my mood worse, Akio was making Kouji avoid me, which I could see was hurting the poor kid. Endou and the rest kept asking about it, and my reply was always the same; "We had an argument".

It was already night, and I couldn't sleep. In just two days, it was going to be the match between Italy. I sighed in defeat. "Why... why did it have to come to this, Kuroi?" I asked myself. 

"Rena? It's me, Kidou."

'Great... Just great.' I thought sarcastically. I groaned and opened the door, revealing a non goggle-wearing Kidou in his regular shirt and shorts. "You... OK? Jirou told me to go and check on you." He said. I motioned for him to come in, in which he did. We both sat down in an indian-styled seat on the bed (the bed was big enough for two people), looking at the stars outside the window. 

I told him everything, except for the choosing between Genda, Akio, and him part. He nodded, and somehow, I ended up having tears on my face. "Rena, it's alright..." Kidou patted my back. "I'm here, and so's everyone else." "I know that, but what if you guys aren't here anymore?" I asked, my voice suddenly quivering. Kidou then pulled me into a hug. "We won't leave you. I, won't leave you." 

I managed to relax in his embrace. "Tsumetai sono te kimi no sei janai... Osonaki hibi hotta kizukakae..." I heard Kidou sing. "Dare ga wo aisuru koto wo osoreteru no... Kotoba no uragawa se wo mukete..."  

"Dakishimeta kokoro ga koori no you ni. Sotto toke dasu..." I continued.  

"Dare mo ga dare ka ni aisareru tame ni. Kono you ni inochi wo kiramekaseru no sa... Sore ga moshimo boku nara, mou ichido kimi no kokoro wo, towa no yasashisa de atatameru yo..." We both sang. I

"Kidou..." I looked up at him. He pressed his lips to mine again, and I kissed back. We pulled away after what seemed like minutes, our foreheads touching, our faces dark pink from what we did...

"Aishiteru, Sakuma Rena..." He mumbled.

I smiled lightly. "Aishiteru, Kidou Yuuto..."