Episode 51: A Comforting Talk

A/N: Play this when Nina sighs and says, "I came to apologize."
*********************************************

Kuroi: Hope your leg gets better. But usually injuries like that only lasts for a few weeks. Longest is 7 weeks.

Gina: Got the word from Kuroi. Get better soon, so we can play soccer after this fiasco!

Gouenji: Sorry I replied late. Get well.

Rosa: And just when you decided to play soccer too... Well, this gives enough time to think about some things to say to Endou and the others when they get back.

Kidou: That's too bad. Well, say hi to the others for me, and get well soon.

It's been a week since my leg broke. I had gotten a lot of texts from everyone, and I was actually shocked that I did. After 3 days, I could go out, but I had to use a crutch to walk. Luckily, the people who paid the bill, Jeon Hyun and Midorikawa Katokima, helped me through. At least to get to school and home. And occasionally Jeon would take me to the park.

Now, Jeon had taken me to the park. I sat down on the bench and he stood up. He cut his hair, so he looked like... some guy in the K-Pop group called, "BTS". He glanced at me. "How are you?"

"I'm holding up, thanks." I said. He really did sounded like a Korean... Come to think of it, Aphrodi did sounded like a Korean too... Hmm, I wonder...

"Hmm... Rena, right?" He asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Sorry about Kima." He apologized. 

"Oh no, it wasn't her fault." I waved my two hands, saying that it was an accident. 

"Well, you saved Ryuuji's only family." Jeon sighed. 

"Ryuuji? Oh, I'm guessing Midorikawa Ryuuji." I said, looking at him.

"Reize for alien talk." Jeon said.

"Huh? Wait a minute, are you a part of Aliea?!" I asked in shock.

"OK, I'm not telling you everything, but let's just say that Aliea Academy isn't from another planet and the teams aren't aliens." Jeon said, yawning.

OK, so all this time, the so called, "Aliens" we were playing against, were just super engineered humans?! Wait, did they meteorite have something to do with this?! "What?"

"That's all I know." Jeon shrugged. "By the way, how come you saved her? You don't even know her yet... you saved her like she was a friend of yours."

"I saved her because she means something to Reize--- I mean, Ryuuji." I said. "And that you're her friend." 

I saw Jeon glance at the little kids playing soccer. "Whenever you kick a ball, do you feel as if you understand the person?" He suddenly asked. Why ask the sudden question though? 

"Well... I have, but I never understood much." I said. "Like I never understood her..."

Jeon sat down next to me. "If it's a friend, then maybe just kicking a ball isn't enough to understand a person. Sometimes you just got have to talk to the person first and... well, understand what they're going through."

Nina...

I really never understood her anyway... her past achievement became a failure, and I guess it was my fault. 

"Jeon, mind taking me back home?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few days have passed, and I was actually getting a little better, although it still hurts a little. Jirou and the others sent their regards, and Endou texted that he won against a team in Okinawa. Tsuki even texted that she was impressed with their skills. Jyou was sent home due to sea sickness. That left me a question of how he got sent home.

Now, me and Katokima were at Inazuma Plaza. It was already sunset when we got there, so the view of the town was great. 

"Man, it's been a while since I've seen the sunset..." I heard Katokima say.

"Eh? When was the last time you saw it then?" I asked.

"Probably when I was five... before my parents left." Katokima looked down. 

"Right... Jeon said that I saved your brother's only family, which is you. But how come you're with Ryuuji?" I asked.

"They forgot they had us." Katokima spat bitterly. "We came home from school one day, seeing no sign of our parents at all. Assuming that they didn't want to take care of us anymore, me and Ryu-nii packed our stuff and went to live on our own. Hitomiko-nee found us on the streets and took us in."

Kira took them in? I'm guessing she runs that orphanage or just works there.

"Hey,"

We turned around to see Nina. Nina?! Of all people, what is she doing here?!

"Katokima-san, I wanna go home." I said.

"Not until you hear what I have to say." Nina said.

I glared at her. "What?"

Nina sighed. "I came to apologize."

I scoffed. "Yeah right. Like I'd believe you."

"Let her say what she has to say, Rena." Katokima said.

"Look, Gina called and told me everything what you've been through after all those seven years." Nina looked at me with a sad expression. "I never meant to hurt you emotionally, really. I didn't know what came over me when I said those words at you. Anger overwhelmed me."

She sounded sincere, but I still wasn't believing her...

"Hontoni wa gomenasai, Sakuma Rena." She bowed down.

"If it's a friend, then maybe just kicking a ball isn't enough to understand a person. Sometimes you just got have to talk to the person first and... well, understand what they're going through."  

If Jeon says the truth...

I gave a light smile. "Don't bow like that. It's not you."

Katokima beamed at me and Nina looked up, looking shocked. "Y-You forgive me?"

"Yeah." I said, laughing a little. "I mean, it's been seven years, and I believe that this grudge has to stop."

She hugged me, and I could her sobbing.

"A-Arigato..." Nina sniffed.

I hugged her back. "Heh, you're forgiven."