Episode 43: Breaking Point

I was a nervous wreak when I woke up.

Epsilon had already arrived, and, since I haven't seen their play style yet because of Fudou's mess, I wouldn't be able to find a weak point if there ever was. I blame this on him! 

Kira had told us, (me, Kuroi, Gina, and Jyou) that we should just stay in the caravan since we weren't really doing anything to help. Well, I decided to ignore that order and just went to the bench with Kuroi. Gina and Jyou went back to the caravan, but Jyou (thanks to Izumi), managed to hack into the system so that the two could see the match. 

The match started with Epsilon. A forward kicked the ball to another forward as she sped up. She used, "Meteor Shower", to stop Kidou, Ichinose, Rika, and Touko from getting the ball. Kazemaru managed to stop her but she passed the ball to the first forward and used, "Ganymede Proton". Luckily, Endou managed to stop it using Majin the Hand. 

Endou threw it to Rika, who faked one of the forwards and passed it to Ichinose. He and Kidou used Twin Boost, but the goalkeeper had caught it with ease. Every shoot that we aim at the goalkeeper, ended up being caught with ease. 

"Go guys!" Kuroi shouted. "You'll earn a point!"

Then, this happened, and I internally, screamed.

Shirou turned into Atsuya again just by looking at the goalkeeper with anger. He went for the attack alone, and completely ignored Kidou and Endou. He used Eternal Blizzard. I thought it would go in, but I was wrong. The goalkeeper used a move called, "Worm Hole", and stopped his shoot. I swear, I saw him crack...

Neither team was letting up for the first half, and the score was still 0-0. Every shoot was blocked by the goalkeeper, and it wasn't good at all. The first half ended with no points being scored. Which was better anyway than ending up like Gemini Storm.

"Good work guys! We're holding up against Epsilon's movements!" Endou exclaimed. 

"Yeah! Keep this up and you'll win for sure!" Kuroi chimed in.

"Leave this to me! I won't let them get any points in!" Touko pumped her fist.

"We'll stop them no matter what!" Kurimatsu shouted.

"We'll show them how strong we are." Kazemaru said.

I saw Shirou go into the locker rooms. Without anyone looking, I followed him. When he went into the bathroom, I snuck in and hid inside a stall, hoping that he didn't notice me go in. I heard faucet sounds, so I assume he was washing his face.

"I'll be the one to score. I have to." I heard him say.

"They were the perfect offense and defense team back then, and they always won every soccer match."  

I'm going to have to assume that Atsuya was a forward, and Shirou was a defender. I didn't hear anything else except the water running for at least 6 minutes, then he spoke up. "I have to be good at both defense and offense. I'll... I'll be perfect."

I heard him left the bathroom, and I came out right after him. I walked slowly though, so he wouldn't know I followed him.

When the match started, it was exactly like the first half. Using Ice Ground, Shirou managed to pass it to Kazemaru, who used Hurricane Dash but failed. Shirou stole the ball again, and ignored Kidou's commands. He used Eternal Blizzard again, but I could tell it had more power than before, but Worm Hole stopped it again. 

Shirou went on defense but three forwards got past him, and they used, "Gaia Break". Kogure used Senpujjin but he got hit in the back so I'm gonna say that was a fail. He, Endou, and the ball went into the goal, earning Epsilon their point. What a waste.

Soon the match was turning into a crisis, but Kogure's Senpujjin worked this time, and he kicked the ball to Shirou. I'm worried; He's struggling. He can't control Atsuya and at the same time he can't control himself. After a few trials, Eternal Blizzard finally got in, and we earned our point.

Gaia Break was then caught by Majin the Hand. And we were finally getting the upper hand, but that ended when a new move had come up, which was "Drill Smasher". After that, they withdrawn from the match, so it ended in a tie. 

It made me more worried now; This won't end well for Shirou.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Shirou? Can we talk for a bit?"

He looked surprised when I asked him that, but he agreed anyway. We sat on a bench that was under a tree; The talk would sound better under a tree. "What did you want to talk about, Sakuma-san?"

"By any chance, do you know Hoshi Mizu?" I asked.

"Ah, Mi-chan." Shirou nodded. So he remembers her. I'll make a mental note to tell her that before we leave.

"Also... uh, I noticed that you were struggling with something earlier. Is everything alright?" I asked again. He looked a little agitated, but he gave a light shake of the head. "No... To be honest."

"What's wrong?"

"We should go back, Sakuma-san. Endou and the others might be looking for us."

Shirou stood up and walked ahead. I followed him, feeling more worried than ever now. 

'Will he be OK at this point?'

The Copy Cat (old version)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें