Episode 17: The Finals

"I can't believe you didn't tell me, Kuroi!"

"Well you were absent!"

Anyway... I was absent because my dad had asked me to give a list of the teams participating this year, and also I had to help a certain someone think of a good hissatsu technique (Koujirou asked if he can use Electro Catch, and I said yes).

What happened yesterday, as Kuroi's story, had Kazemaru and Shuuya had made a new technique thanks to Kageno. Although the downside was, since I heard that Kazemaru only joined because Raimon didn't have extra players, he plans on quitting soon due to his friend, Miyasaka Ryou. Natsumi's father had also got into an accident while inspecting the Football Frontier National stadium. Kuroi said that Kageyama had done something, because he escaped, but if Kageyama wanted revenge, he could've just done something worse.

"Oi, you're late!" Handa said.

"Blame Kuroi here." I teased. 

"Hey!" Kuroi gave me a playful punch on the back.

"We're being called soon! Just get in line!" Someoka ordered.

I was behind Kurimatsu and Kuroi was in front of Shishido. I was getting nervous. I only played once during the Mikage Sennou match, but this is a whole new level of nervousness. Meaning, one loss meant that we wouldn't advance, and neither of us didn't want that.

First, the commentator had called Sengoku Igajima's soccer team. It was rumored that they have been coached by the dark ninja arts. So it's like Naruto, but with soccer.

All of us were warming up before we were going to be called on. My mom and Hibiki were there, giving the vibes of motivation, then Endou spoke up.

"It's finally here!" We went through a lot before we reached this day, but now that we're here, let's show them everything we got!"

All of us raised our fists in the air. "Yeah!!!"

"Kabeyama, no toilet breaks now, right?!"

"I went earlier!"

"Good luck, everyone!" Kino said. "For the chairman's sake too!"

"And next, representing the Kanto Block is, Raimon Jr. High!"

"Alright! Let's get on out there!" Endou said.

All of us were guided outside by a female holding up the Raimon Jr. High sign as we walked onto the pitch. From the corner of my eye, I saw that Yamato and the others were on the bleachers, and I saw my dad as well. We went on our spot, next to Sengoku Igajima. 

"What's more, the champion school of last year, Teikoku Gakuen, makes a special appearance! Despite losing to Raimon Jr. High in the district prelim match that unfolded for the Kanto Block, the prestigious Teikoku has the special admission as previous winner to continue into the championships!" 

Teikoku had made it's appearance and were stationed next to us. Kuroi noticed that Koujirou was there, so he waved at him, and I waved to him as well. Koujirou gave us a thumbs up, then pointed ahead.

I saw that Jirou winked at me and gave a thumbs up as well. I winked back and gave a thumbs up as well.

When the commentator said that Zeus Jr High was participating, which was weird because when I checked the list, there was no Zeus, only a female came out in embarrassment. All of us, including the other teams, looked at the empty spot that was supposedly for Zeus Jr.

"Huh, that's odd. Did you check the list?" Kuroi whispered.

"I did, but there was no Zeus Jr. when I checked." I whispered back.

I have a feeling that this Zeus... is bad news...