Episode 12: Reconciliation

Practice ended early for us. Endou and the others decided to eat at Rai Rai Ken again. I went on ahead; Mom was cooking katsudon, so I didn't want to work up an appetite. Kuroi went in. He was hungry after all. 

"Data regarding each of their abilities?... Y-Yes, after the training at the Inabikari training center... Yes definitely."

"Asuka."

Immediately, he hanged up on whoever was on the phone; My guess, it was Kidou. "Are you seriously going to keep doing this?" I asked. "You're good at putting up an act, but I know what you're up to." 

"Who's to say you're not acting?" Asuka asked. "I'm not acting. I've changed. And I mean it. One day you're going to regret this." 

Asuka puts his hands in his pockets and walks out, but not without saying, "You'll be the one feeling regret."

I sighed once he was out of my sight. I never understood him. When he joined before, I could notice his plays... good, but it was like he was missing something. Not like I know. I never really knew the members that much anyway, just their names. The only persons I knew were Koujirou and Narukami. 

I sighed again and walked out of the alleyway, but walking to the opposite direction. Asuka is my friend too, and I don't want him being found out. But if he continues this, Raimon will lose and everything that they've worked so hard for was put into waste.

I covered for him during Nosei, when Otonashi and Kino were shocked that he used Killer Slide. I made up a lie, so he wouldn't be found out quickly.

It's best if I still cover up for him, even if he was working for Kidou.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sakuma, are you alright now?"

"I'm fine, Shuuya. I haven't cried in a while, you know?"

Kuroi had went to class early, so me and Shuuya were walking to school. He was concerned after what happened yesterday, and I don't blame him. It was the first time I broke down in front of people, and the last time he saw me cry was... when I was 9.

"How's Yuuka?" I asked, trying to change the topic.

"It's been a year." He said.

"Oh, sorry."

I shouldn't have bothered changing the topic, because the walk to school became awkward, and silent.

Once we arrived, I told Shuuya that I had to look for something in the club room, and that he'd go ahead. But I was lying. I needed to check on Asuka to see if he actually decided to get the data. 

Walking there, I heard sounds coming from the school garage. One of the doors was open, and I saw Raimon's coach, Fuyukai, doing something with the bus. There were three buses, and he was doing something with the third one. I snuck in and hid behind the second one, and just in time too, because Asuka came in.

"Sensei!"

I didn't need to look at his reaction, because I know he was shocked at seeing Asuka.

"Oh, it's you." I heard Fuyukai sigh in relief. "Don't surprise me like that, please."

"What are you doing in a place like this?"

"Well, I wonder."

I heard footsteps. I figured that Fuyukai was going to leave the room, but not without stopping to say something to Asuka. 

"By the way, I'll give you a piece of advice..."

"What advice...?" I whispered to myself.

"Don't ride this bus."