Episode 23: A Fierce Battle! Raimon VS Kidokawa!

"Rena, take a video, alright?"

"OK? But what for?"

"Please, Rena! A detective showed up at my house with an inspector! He could help me find out who killed my parents!"

"Alright, alright. Anyway, call me if anything new happens."

"Got it! See you!"

"Was that Genda-san?" Otonashi asked me once I hanged up on Kuroi. He called me up to tell me that a detective and inspector had decided to help him figure out who murdered Kuroi's parents. 

"Yeah. He uh, needed to do something." I said. 

I forgot. Only Kidou, Endou and I know about his past... again, it's really hard to believe that a guy like him... 

"Where's your mother?" Natsumi asked, looking around. Now that she mentioned it, she wasn't at home when I woke up this morning, and dad said that she might have had something to do with her old team back when she was in Jr. High. 

"I don't know either. She wasn't home when I woke up." I said.

Soon everyone got on the pitch, and the match started with Kidokawa Seishuu's kickoff. The Mukata Triplets easily got past Someoka and Shuuya, and when Matsuno and Shourinji were going to block him, Tomo had kicked the ball to Tsutomo, and he did Back Tornado. When Endou used Bakuretsu Punch, it didn't work and the ball went in. I figured that they weren't giving their all yesterday, and had decided to use their real power during this match. How similar... oh yeah, I used to do that.

The match had continued with Kidokawa Seishuu's ball, and I have to admit, they are good. But right now, I'm on the good side now. Raimon had no signs of picking up the pace, and it was getting... uh... one-sided?

Tomo had the ball again. Asuka and Kurimatsu were going to block him, but Tomo had kicked the ball to Tsutomo, and he used Back Tornado again. Endou used God Hand, and luckily, he stopped the ball. I sighed in relief.

"That was close...." Kino sighed in relief as well. 

This time the ball was with Masaru. Kidou and Matsuno blocked him, but Masaru had passed it to Tomo, but Asuka intercepted the pass with a heading. Tomo had the ball again afterwards, and he passed it to Tsutomo, and he did Back Tornado again, and Endou used Bakuretsu Punch again, and this time, the ball was blocked. Somehow I wonder.... if that's their usual habit, or if they're hiding a plan...

"Nice save!" Kino cheered.

"That's an amazing drive!" Otonashi exclaimed.

"Alright, now we can afford the time to study our opponent." Coach Hibiki said.

I saw that Kidokawa's midfielder came up from the sides, which I admit is a good idea, but was stopped by Shourinji but got through. When Kazemaru tried blocking him, he passed it to another midfielder, but Tsutomo had gotten the ball. 

"What do you think you're doing?!"

"Offense is our job, so stay back!"

"What was that for, Kidou?!"

"Your job is defending. If you can't handle that then get off the field."

Tsutomo ran forward, but was stopped by Kabeyama when he used his technique, The Wall. Easily, Tsutomo was thrown back and the ball rolled to Endou. Another one to copy. I forgot I haven't written in that notebook for weeks now.

Soon we only had 10 minutes left in the game. And I was getting concerned. Kidokawa keeps on attacking... then it hit me.

"Oono-san, Narukami-san, you both should stay in defense. Jimon-kun, you and Jirou go as forwards, and Sakiyama and Henmi should stay in midfield."