Episode 68: Brotherly Love

A/N: OK since I figured Gouenji isn't a good third pair, I tried thinking if it's gonna be Fubuki or Kidou. Then I realized, it's Teikoku centered. So yeah. either Kidou, Genda, or Fudou. Play the video above when Jirou hugs Rena (Or when you see the dialogue: It's been a while since he hugged me like this)

Play this vid above when Rena's nightmare starts

Oh, and screenshot made by Mea-Ayumu.

This chapter is dedicated to Modmag and tsurugi14-miya.
**************************************

"You and Genda-san do make a perfect match."

"Rosa, please." I rolled my eyes at her smirking face. "Koujirou and I, are not a couple, and we'll never be one."

"But you guys have been childhood friends for nine years now! Surely the both of you can't just 'see other people', now can you?" Haruna gave the stink-eye at me.

"I have to focus and avenge my mom." I put on my jacket. "I don't have time for love or stuff like that. It's getting in my way."

"Don't tell me because Onii-chan rejected you..." Haruna gave a look of concern.

"Rena, I didn't know, but I'm sorry, I... don't really see a vision with you and me."  

I shook my head. "Look, I've moved on from that, OK? Also," I looked around. Only me, Rosa, and Haruna were awake at the moment, but Kidou and Jirou woke up earlier than me. I checked the training grounds but they weren't there. "Where's Jirou?"

"Oh, he's with Kidou, I think." Rosa said. "They went sight-seeing or something."

**************************************************

Of all the wrong timings I've been in, this was, by far, the worse one.

Kidou and Jirou were practicing near a basketball court, and they were using "Twin Boost". When they used it for the umpteenth time (i dunno, third or fourth), I unknowingly ran to them, when the ball hit me. Luckily, I got no injuries, but it hurt like hell.

"Sorry about that, sis." Jirou laughed nervously, and I sweat dropped.

"It's fine. It's my fault anyway. I didn't know you were practicing." I said, shrugging. "I should've just waited."

"And you'd say your usual greeting at us?" Kidou laughed a little. 'No, Rena. He rejected you. Don't even. Focus on your goals; Protect them, and avenge my mom.'

"Kidou," I heard Jirou say, snapping out of my thoughts. (I was walking next to Kidou and he was next to Jirou). "I'm glad to be able to play with you on the same team again."

"Me too, Jirou." Kidou agreed. It's actually pretty nice that the three of us are on the same team, and not playing on the field as enemies.

"After Kageyama left Teikoku Academy, we vowed to reach the top using our own soccer. Right, sis?" Jirou looked at me while smiling.

"Yeah." I smiled back. "Let's make that dream a reality this time around."

"At this FFI, we'll become the best in the world." We stopped walking and Jirou looked at Kidou.