Episode 46: Confusion

A/N: Screenshot made by me
****************************

Feliciano was surprised when he saw me crying when he picked me up last night. I collapsed in the back seat and I didn't say anything. We just drove home in silence. When we reached home I was greeted by a hug from my mom, and a worried expression from my dad. I didn't say anything to them and just went into my room. Some tears were still falling down my face as I lay down on the bed.

I woke up the next day, having a headache. Urgh, crying then sleeping makes your head hurt... 

"Sis, breakfast."

I saw Jirou right outside my door side; Guess that he already went out of the hospital. "How's your leg holding up?"

"Fine, but I can't play soccer yet." He gave a small laugh. I stood up and wore my white shirt and pink pants. "You need help?" 

"I know you're worried, but I'm fine." Jirou smiled at me. 

The both of us went downstairs, (it took a little longer than usual since Jirou was wearing crutches) and sat down at the table. Feliciano and Lovino were there too, giving me worried expressions. 

There was 10 seconds of silence until dad spoke up. "Rena, Feli said that you were crying when he picked you up. Are you OK?" He asked.

"I'm fine, dad. Really." I lied, taking a bite out of my bread.

"Don't-a lie to me." Feliciano said, eating his pasta. 

"Rena, something-a happened, and you better-a tell us, before we-a force it out of-a you." Lovino said with a threatening tone. 

"...I left the team."

Dad dropped his spoon. "Honey, is this way last night you wanted to transfer back?"

"Yes..."

"Okita, let her." My mom said. "Also, why did you leave?"

"...my nightmares..."

Dad widened his eyes. "Y-Your nightmares?"

"I predicted... Shin Teikoku and... Aliea Academy's team Genesis..." I said, looking down.

Everyone stayed silent...

...then Jirou spoke up.

"You left because of that? And no one stopped you?" He asked.

"...Kuroi did." I said.

After that, we just ate in silence. After we ate, me and Lovino went shopping; Dad said he needed a new pair of boots so we just drove to the nearest store. While we were looking for boots, Lovino sighed and spoke up. "You didn't have to-a leave them."

"Of course I had to. If I didn't, then the next nightmare I have will hurt them." I said looking down. 

"Idiota. The same thing happened to a friend of ours named Zian." He said. "He kept having nightmares about gondola deaths. But after a while, he came to us and he told us about it. Since then, he never had the nightmares."

So this Italian friend had death nightmares and after telling it to my cousins they just disappeared?

"Rena, when they get-a back you should probably tell them, and also some-a of your past experiences." Lovino said. "Tha-at way, we can find out why you had-a the nightmares in the first-a place."

---------------------------------------------------------------

"So that's why you came back?" 

I nodded at Koujirou. Right now I'm at the National Soccer Youth soccer field. "How are you holding up?" I asked.

"Haha, I'm holding up fine." Koujirou chuckled. "All of us are. Since Jirou's still in his crutches and you haven't transferred back, I've been captain."

"I'm pretty sure it's hard for you. Considering that you're still in your treatment." I said.

Koujirou sighed. "I should be happy that you're back... but I heard from your cousin you don't feel like playing soccer..."

"I'm transferring back to Teikoku... I just won't play soccer." I said, looking down.

"It won't be the same..." Koujirou said. 

I had tears in my eyes, but I wiped them off. "Kou, me playing soccer hurts people, It's best if I just keep myself..."

--------------------------------------------------------

"Rosa? Why'd you call?"

"I heard from Genda-san you were quitting soccer! You can't quit!" 

I groaned. Why did I give Rosa my phone number?

"Sorry, Rosa, but I can't play soccer if I hurt everyone."

"You didn't hurt anyone."

"I did! I caused this!"

"Rena, you better keep your decisions right! You better re-think it!"

"But---!"

She hanged up on me. Ugh! Why can't they just leave me alone?! Soccer is the main reason I had the traumatic experience and caused all this! Please just let me quit!

I was about to turn off my phone when it vibrated; Kuroi had sent me messages. (3) I decided to check them.

Kuroi: Hey... everyone got upset when you left

Kuroi: Everyone said that it wasn't your fault. You didn't mean for it to happen. 

Kuroi: Don't quit soccer.... please.

I sighed. "Matsumoto..."

It vibrated again; This time it was from Kidou.

Yuuto: Hey, you didn't have to leave like that. Endou got really upset when you left. But after that, he managed to get back his motivation thanks to Tachimukai. We're going to Okinawa; Gouenji might be there. Back to topic, hope that you won't quit because... never mind. Just don't quit.

I closed my phone and just lied down on the bed, looking at the ceiling.

Should I keep going...?

...or should I quit...?