Episode 34: Gemini Storm's Last Fight

"EH?!"

"Coach, you cannot be serious!"

"I know we lost, but that doesn't mean you have to let us off right after!"

I was speechless at this. After announcing that Shirou was going to be in center-back, Kira also announced that me, Kenjirou, Kuroi and Gina were going to go straight to Ehime. That does not even make sense!

"Coach, please, you have to give them a chance!" Otonashi pleaded.

"I said I don't need third-rate players getting in our way to win against Aliea Gakuen." Kira said, giving me a glance. 

"Why don't we show you?" I asked. "We'll show you how good we are. And when we do, you're keeping us on the team." I challenged.

Kira gave a raised eyebrow, then smirked. "Fine by me." She said. "But, if we lose, you can go back to Teikoku."

Endou and the others must've heard us, and some of them, (Kurimatsu, Touko, Ichinose, and Asuka) actually agreed to let us in for the second half. Which was good though, we'd have time to warm up before we got in the field. But at the same time, I was worried. What if we ended up losing?

"Sakuma," Ichinose started. "If you see a strategy, tell us, OK?" 

"You got it." I gave him a thumbs up.

All of them got into their positions, and the whistle blew, starting with us. Ichinose and Kazemaru ran to the sides as Someoka kicked the ball to Kidou before running forward. Kidou kicked the ball back to Someoka as he passed Reize, but 2 midfielders had blocked him, and one of them stole the ball from him. The midfielder kicked it to Reize, and a forward ran fast like lightning. When Reize was going to kick it to the forward, Asuka had intercepted the pass, but before he could kick it to Kidou the same midfielder with purple hair stole it. Touko had the chance to block her but the ball bounced to the other midfielder with a head like a helmet. He was supposed to kick it behind to a forward but Kazemaru had intercepted the pass again.

"They're like the wind out there!" Gina exclaimed.

"We're definitely gonna get a point!" Kuroi raised his fist in the air.

"They're fighting evenly with the aliens!" Otonashi exclaimed.

"Yeah, amazing!" Kino was looking in disbelief and relief.

Unfortunately, predicting the passes won't work because when Someoka used Dragon Crash, it was blocked by a move called, "Black Hole". (Already copied it in my notes once he used it).

When Reize had the ball, he ran faster than the forward. Endou had predicted where he was, and Shirou used Ice Ground on him. Thanks to Shirou's defense, neither of Gemini Storm's attempt of going near the goal was hopeless. Thank goodness for that.

Kidou had blocked one of the players, but Reize kicked it back, and when Ichinose and Kidou blocked her, she passed it to another player.

"Eh?" Gina looked at us.

"What?" Kenjirou asked.

"That purple haired alien just licked her lips before kicking it to the other midfielder." Gina said. Licked her lips? 

"A habit, and an attack pattern." I said.

"Huh?" Kuroi and Kenjirou looked at me.

"You'll see. I'm pretty sure Kidou will figure it out sooner or later." I smiled.

The first half ended with Gemini Storm in the lead. Touko, Kurimatsu, Ichinose and Asuka had given us their approval (again) for playing on the pitch. After the strategy meeting, all of us had gotten back on to the pitch. All of us were in the same positions as Touko, Kurimatsu, Ichinose and Asuka. (Kenjirou in Touko's, Kuroi in Kurimatsu's, Gina in Asuka's, and mine in Ichinose's)

The whistle blew with their kickoff. When they started, Someoka, Shirou and I ran forward. Shirou used Ice Ground again. But afterwards, he changed into that same person again from yesterday; spiky hair and yellow eyes. He kicked the ball with tremendous power, but it was stopped by Black Hole again. 

Kuroi had the ball and passed it to Gina, then Gina passed it to me. I dodged the forwards with some speed of my own, which was a surprise to me. 

But before I ran to the goal, I heard a voice...

"Shoot it...."

"Gravitation!"

I felt my body getting heavier. That technique is gonna be hard to get past. Soon Gemini Storm had the ball again. Touko blocked her, and passed it to Someoka, but Shirou had intercepted the pass and wanted to score again, but was stopped by Photon Flash.

When the purple haired midfielder had the ball, Kidou and I blocked her. I looked at Kidou, and I was sure he was wondering how their attacks were linking. 

The midfielder licked her lips again, and this time, I had it.

"Flame Dance, V2!"

I managed to cut off the pass, smirking. "How's that for an impression, Yuuto?" 

"You did it, Rena!" Kazemaru exclaimed.

"I didn't know you copied that technique in a short time!" Kuroi exclaimed.

"How did you---"

"Habits. It's the only thing I learned about people." I winked, cutting off Kidou's sentence, and in return I saw his face had a pink tint.

"Wait, aliens have habits?" Gina asked.

Thanks to my observation, we managed to cut off their passes, and soon we tied with Gemini Storm thanks to Someoka's Dragon Crash. Or should Megane say, Wyvern Crash.

Kazemaru had the ball, but was stolen in an instant by Reize, who passed it to the forward. They made a shoot called, Universe Blast, but Endou's Majin the Hand stopped it. Finally, we scored it thanks to Shirou's Eternal Blizzard, and we earned our second point and just in time too, cause we won!

"In your face Kira!" I shouted. "We showed our skills!"

"Rena, I think they already know." Kazemaru said, pointing at the news crew. Uh oh. 

Before anyone said anything else, a purple light appeared out of nowhere, and a ball was kicked it Gemini Storm. In an instant, Reize along with his teammates, disappeared in thin air.

"We are Aliea Academy's first rank team, Epsilon. Earthlings, you will soon witness Aliea Academy's true power."

After that they disappeared.

That meant, aside from Gemini Storm, there's another team we have to consider defeating.