43

Your POV

We were standing outside the ship looking at the wreckage.

"Rocket is going to kill me." I say. Nat just scoffs and turns around to this cool looking mountain. " Under different circumstances this would be so cool." 

" right." and as she said that we were off up the mountain. It was hell of a long walk, and hike. It was pretty quite on our way up. Nat was still a little shook from the crash. 

We were close to the top when Nat spoke up.

" I bet the raccoon didn't have to climb a mountain."

" Technically he is not a raccoon you know." I reply.

" Whatever, he eats garbage." 

"Welcome." I voice from in front of us says. Both of us draw our weapons, I have my long sword and Nat has her gun.

" Natasha, daughter of Ivan. Y/n daughter of David." The Weird float man says. I tilt my head to the side. Hmm my dad's name is David, cool, doesn't do anything for me, I just need to know who my Mom is.

" Who are you?" Nat asks.

"Consider me a guide. To you, and to all who seek the Soul Stone." He says.

" Oh good. You tell us where it is. Then we'll be on our way."  She replies in a bit of snarky tone.

" If only it were that easy." He says as he floats away leading us up the mountain. We get to a cliff and he stops us.

"What you seek lies in front of you......as does what you fear." He says. I give a worried glance to Nat.

" the stone is down there."  Nat says.

" For one of you. For the other... In order to take the stone, you must lose that which you love. An everlasting exchange. A soul, for a soul." The mans voice is so flat, no sympathy, he doesn't care.

I walk away and pace back and forth while thinking.

I told Clint that I wouldn't let Nat die, I have to keep my promise. I know that means I will never see Peter again, all the time I spent waiting for him to come back would be wasted. But that would mean that he would get to live, though it would be without me. He will spend days like how I was but then he will move on and live a happy life without me. I would die knowing helped him have a better life. 

And this death would make up for all those lives I took. They were probably innocent and I just killed them and took them away from their families. This is the best way, and this way Nat will live and  she will get too see them all again. 

Though I will die, I will be a piece and I will get to see Loki again in Valhalla. 

I have made up my mind, I am going to be jumping off that cliff.

 I look up and leave my state of deep thought. I see Nat she is sitting down on the side, I then start watching the gatekeeper. Maybe this is all a joke.

" How's it going?" I start off with saying. " Jesus, maybe he is making this shit up."

" No. I don't think so."

" Why, cause he knew your daddy's name."

" He knew yours." I shrug at her response, she had a point. " I didn't know mine either, but Thanos left here with the stone without his daughter. It's not a coincidence." 

" Yea." I respond.

" Whatever it takes." she says.

"Whatever it takes." I say as well. Nat stands up and walks over to me.

" If we don't get that stone, billions of people stay dead." She says.

" I guess we both know who it's gotta be then." I say to her.

" I guess we do." I grab onto her hand and squeeze it.

" I am starting to think we should have sent different people here." I say to her.

" For the last five years I've been trying to do one thing: Get to right here. That's all it's been about. Bringing everybody back." Nat says.

" Don't get all decent on me now." I say to her.

" What, you think I wanna do it? I'm trying to save your life, you idiot." 

" Yeah well, I don't want you to, because I...Natasha, you know what I've done. You know what I've become." I tell her looking into her eyes.

" I don't judge people by their worst mistakes." 

" Maybe you should start."

" You didn't."

" You are a pain in my ass, you know that." I say to her. We rest our foreheads on each other. We pull them apart and I look at her. "okay, you win."  I smile then knock her to the ground and pin her down. " Tell Peter I love him."

She swings around and gets me on the ground and  electrocutes me. " You tell him yourself."  She stands up and gets ready to run but I rip the device off of me and jump up. I latch myself onto her back and try and get her let me jump by keeping her back. I have my arm around her neck so if she moves forward it chokes her.

" Just let me jump, I promised Clint that you would come back, just please." 

" no." She chokes out. I didn't let up on her. She tried to get me off but it was useless. Then she spits out words I never thought hear." I know who your mother is." 

My arms released around from her. "What?" My voice cracks.

" I'm sorry, I wasn't supposed to tell you." She says. She starts running but I throw a bomb in front of her and she flies to the side.  I start running and jump off the edge of the cliff. But then Nat jumped off after me and grabbed onto me. I felt something attach to my side and it was a grappling hook attached onto my suit that the other side was attached to the cliff.

the end of the line jerked and Nat started falling but I caught her by her hand at the last second. I tried to get the hook to unhook but it didn't.

" Damn you." I say.

" Let me go." 

" No. Please, no." 

" It's okay."

"Please..." before I finish Nat kicks off the wall and I lose grip of her and she falls. I watch her fall and hit the ground, her blood pours out her lifeless body. Then there was a loud boom and I woke up in water.

I sit up and look around and Nat is there, she isn't. I look for the Stone and I see that it was in closed in my right fist. I close it and pound the water knowing that there is nothing I can do to bring Nat back. 

There were a couple beeps and my time ran out, my suit formed around me and i was suck back to present day. 

We all come back standing up, and all of our suit retract our helmets then the entire suit goes away. I look around and see everyone else made it back. I look down.

" Did we get em all?" Bruce asks.

" Are you telling me this actually worked?" Scott comments. Nobody speaks, they are noticing that Nat isn't here. I fall to my knees.

" Y/n where's Nat?" Clint asks. Bruce falls down and pounds on the ground.

" I'm sorry." I squeak out.

Word Count: 1250