34

Your POV

We are all sitting in chairs in the front of the ship. I am sitting side by side with Rocket, we each have a set of controls for driving the ship. I became good with the feel of this ship while we were up here.

"Ok who here hasn't been to space?" rocket asked as we are floating in space.

Nat and Steve both raise there hands. both look confused.

"why?" Nat asks.

"You better not throw up in my ship." I laugh at rockets threat/ comment. I type in a few things on a screen.

"Approaching jump in 3, 2, 1," I say.

The ship thrust forward to a jump point. I look back at steve and he is scared for his dear life. it is great when you get to see steve scared, he is a true wimp.

The ship came to a stop and we see the planet in real life. carol had already left the ship and was outside flying.

"I'll go head down for recon." she says before flying away.

we all got up from our seats. I decided to go over by Steve and Nat. Steve is being all sad looking at his picture of Peggy.

"it's going to work Steve." Nat says to him.

"I know it is, because i don't know what I am going to do if it doesn't." He replies.

"Steve, we don't know if it s going to work. I'm sorry but you are always being too optimistic. You need to think of what is going to happen if it doesn't." I say to him. I earn myself a slap on the arm from Nat.

"No, she is right." Steve says.

Nat rolls her eyes and walks over to the widow of the ship to talk with carol who had just came back.

"No satellites, no ships, no armies, no ground defenses of any kind. It's just him." Carol says.

"And that is Enough." Nebula says.

we all get ready and land the ship far enough from thanos, but still close.  Everyone who could fly and had a suit went in first. Carol went in first and restrained thanos, while thor cut off Thanos' arm. Then the rest of us walked in.

Rocket goes over and flips the gauntlet over to look at the stones.

"oh no." Rocket said. I look at the gauntlet and there are no stones. it is empty. I don't even notice that my grip on my sword had tightened.

"Where are they?" Steve asks.

"Answer the question." Carol demands as she tightens her grip on Thanos' neck.

"The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose, beyond temptation." Thanos replies.

"You murdered trillions." Bruce yells through his hulk buster armour. He pushes Thanos down, almost  smooshing Carol.

"You should be grateful." Thanos counters.

"where are the stones." Nat asks again.

"Gone, reduced to atoms." Thanos says.

"You used them 2 days ago." I say at him, yelling.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be. I am... inevitable." Thanos says.

"We have to tear this place apart, he-he-he has to be lying."  I say close to breaking down.

"My father is many things. A liar is not one of them." Nebula says to us.