13: Classes

Your POV

Mj seemed like.a really nice girl. I could already tell that I was going to be great friends with her. English on the other hand, was not going to be friends with me. I learn weird british slang from Vision because JARVIS was for some reason British so here we are.

I then had AP calculus. That was a breeze. Next was Robotics with Ned. He said this is his second favourite class, next to computer science. Peter and I walked in together to see Ned sitting at one of the tables.  We walked over to sit by him. As we walked I scanned the room to get a feel for things. I noticed there were no girls in the class, weird.

"Hey Peter, Hey Y/n." Ned said waving at us. Peter sat next to him and they did a handshake. I sat next to Peter but I was still looking around the room.

"Everything alright, Y/n." Peter said looking at me, I must have had a look on my face that made him concerned.

"Yea, it is just that I am the only girl in the class." I say half smiling at them.

"Yea that happens with these kind of classes. Most girls here do classes that help with nursing." Peter replies.

"Yea, computer science will be like this. Hopefully they don't make fun of you like they did with that other girl." Ned said with a sad look on his face.

"Don't scare her," Peter says slapping Ned on the arm. "You will be fine hopefully those teachers learned there lesson."

"Ok?" I question. The teacher walked into the room and the class hushed down. He stood in the front tall and skinny. He eyed all of us until he found me.

"Ah, Ms L/n will you please come up to the front of the class." Mr Dutch said. I was confused but walked up there. I heard Peter whisper to Ned.

"Oh no he is going to do it again. Hopefully she is smart than the last girl."  He words made me less nervous. If it was going to be something where I had to do something with a robot. I could blow everyone here out of the water.

I finally got up there and Mr Dutch started speaking again.

" Everyone this is Y/n L/n, a new student. She thinks that a girl will be able to survive in this advanced robotics class."  He then pointed his attention towards me. " So you think you can survive this class.

" I think I can more than survive." I say giving him a happy yet mad glare.

"You think that, why don't you prove it. The last girl dropped out the next day. Prove me wrong. Make that robot throw that apple at me in five minutes."

"I'll do it in 1." I walked over the the robot that was sitting on the table in front of us. I saw Peter had his head in his hands. He doesn't know my father obviously. Ned on the other hand was laughing his head off.

I started typing on the computer. It was just some simple coordinates and a strength equation. I made the strength a little harder to make it bruise. I was about 35 second in and I finished.

"Done." I said as I hit the enter key. I looked up and the apple was already flying at Me Dutch. It hit him right in the stomach. He feel forward and clutched his stomach. I turned around with a smug smirk on my face and I took a bow. Everybody was amazed and had their jaws dropped.

Then as I started walking to the table Ned started cheering and people joined. I just kept walking and sat back down.

The rest of class went great, except I kept getting dirty looks from the teacher. The classes that came after were all the same. It is now lunch and I went to sit by MJ. Turns out that Ned and Peter also sit there. I guess I am forced to be by Peter all day. Dang dad literally set this up perfectly.

"So how is your first day so far." MJ asked while still having her head in a book.

"Everybody thinks that since I am a girl who isn't taking nursing classes that I am not going to be capable of what the guys are. Which I am."

"I used to be in that same position, except for with science, not engineering. It goes away after you can prove it." SHe said looking up from her book for the first time this lunch.

"I did I prove it." I said before taking a bite of my food.

"She really did, she hit Mr Dutch, the most sexist person at the school, in the stomach with an apple." Ned said, almost sounding like a fangirl.

"You threw an apple at a teacher?" MJ asked with wide eyes.

"Well she programed a robot in 35 seconds to do so. Even though she was given 5 minutes." Peter said shrugging.

"You are going to be the new school Badass. Right Peter?" Ned nudged Peter.

"Oh yea she is." Peter said winking at me. Wait why did he just wink at me, what is going on here that I don't know about. I could for some reason feel my heart start to race. Something about Peter made reality act differently. I didn't want anything to happen so I had to make up an excuse.

"That was weird but ok." Mj says as she sticks her head back into her book.

"I think we should go soon if we want to make it to Chemistry on time Peter." I say nodding my head towards the door. He noticed that I wanted to leave.

"Yea, that is probs a good Idea." He said standing up with me.

"There is still 15 minutes of lunch left before the first bell. I think you will be fine." Ned said pleading with Peter.

"Just let them go, he probs just wants to show Y/n around." Mj butted in helping me. She doesn't even know what is going on. Ned understood and Peter and I walked away.

Peter didn't say a word, he just lead me to an empty hallway. It had some classrooms that weren't being used at the moment.

"What is wrong." He asked with his kind eyes.

"I don't know. All of a sudden reality started acting differently around new people. Normally it makes me really stubborn and makes me stick up for myself so people think that I am really tough. BUt at lunch it started acting up and it was really nervous. I thought it was trying to take me over to do something. I felt my heart beating out of my  chest. I thought that if I didn't get away from the problem It would leak out and kill the closest human to me." I just kept rambling. I felt tears on the rim of my eyes.

I felt Peter's strong arms wrap around me and the feeling went away. MY heart seemed almost like it and just been given a break from Reality. Which sadly would not happen. But then Peter stared speaking and the feeling came back again.

"Nothing like that would happen. I wouldn't let it. I would take the pain to save the person." his words make me feel cared for, more than what my father has done for me in a while. Not that he wasn't a bad dad, it is just since that situation  with the accords, even though we are all back together. He doesn't want to go back to his normal self.

Word Count: 1296