Chapter 21: Motivation

(longer chapter)

Your POV

My eyes open in a comfortable bed, it's not the one I've been sleeping in. I sit up straight and see my surroundings. This is not my bedroom, but Yoongi was sleeping on the couch. My clothes were baggy and a little big on me, he changed me into a black button-up and some silky pants. I stood up to put yoongi ina position not to hurt himself. He grasped my wrist and brought me to lay on his chest.

"Let's stay like this for a bit. In case it won't happen again."

"We won't die tomorrow."

"That's not going to convince me to let you go, I am not losing you as I lost her," Yoongi said and held me tighter.

"I know you mentioned she died of leukemia?" I asked.

"It really slowed her down in battle. It was the war between the werewolves and vampires. But it's the one that brought us together. She would have lived if her body wasn't so weak. As a human, she died in the hands of both species, and she was the one who combined our forces. I want you to be a hero, but not known for dying in battle. When this is over, I want you to go home. Lead your people, they need you as a leader. But you can't do it alone." he said.

"What are you implying?" I asked

"You know exactly what I mean, I'm sure Jimin was first to offer, but I care about you too. I don't want you to think too hard. Wait till this war is over and you can focus." he said as he stroked my cheek.

"We have things to do. An army to build." I said. 

"Jimin's on top of it. He's gathering forces from his kingdom, along with the other elven kingdoms. Hoseok went to ask the assassins if they can assist. I am getting my people together. The one thing driving them here is your story." Yoongi said.

"Me?"

"You are the first princess in battle. You want to fight. As much as the rest of us hate it, no one can stop you. You need this battle." Yoongi said.

"I need some time to think before tomorrow," I say as I leave.

"F/n, I...love you. Promise me you'll dance with me. Not with swords, but a real one." he says before I exit. I stayed silent not knowing what to say. 

 I change into my combat clothing and gloves to punch the hay bail. I have to fight my own kingdom. I bet she killed everyone who disobeyed her. My father? Jin? Jimin's forces were last seen on the night of the serpent attack. She has a demon on her side. I need help. I take out the dagger that Namgi gave me.

"Hey, Namgi. Is it weird if I call you Uncle? I hope you are resting well. I've learned so much. Even so, I am stuck. I learned the most from you. Remember when I tripped into that rose bush? That was the day I realized I loved you. You were the person I needed to look up to most. Uncle, I don't know what to do. I'm scared, no, terrified. For my people, for my friends, for the world. I just wish you could be here to tell me something that would inspire me, like how you inspired me to fight." I felt water drops leave my eyes. I heard the small tap as my tears hit the blade.

Suddenly, the rose imprints of the blade glowed where my tears were. It was purple and vibrant. A figure began to take form in a misty look. "f/n?" 

"NAMGI?"

"Please calm down. Last-minute I was able to attach my soul to this blade. I've been watching over you and I'm so proud. The only thing that can activate this your tears to see me. But not often as it makes me fade away." he explained.

"How can I help?" I cried.

"The blood of your enemies keeps me alive in this blade. I am alive until the Queen is dead. Then I can finally rest in peace." he explained.