Chapter 1: Awaiting Arrival

"Wake up your highness." I heard as I opened my heavy eyelids. The curtains were opened in my room, making my eyes burn. 

"Ahh." I moaned. 

"Sorry, your highness." My butler apologized.

 "Namgi, what are my plans today?" I said as I slowly sat up. 

"Your parents are back from their trip and you'll be attending breakfast with them and the general. After your meal, you have to discuss things with your parents. At 11:00 you have free time till 12:30 lunch with some guests." He stopped. 

"And?" I asked. 

"Your parents told me not to tell you about today's full plans." He explained as he organized my clothes. 

"What? Why?" I questioned while walking towards the maids getting ready to dress me in a beautiful f/c dress. 

"They want to surprise you, simple as that." He explained. 

"Surprises are not simple, Namgi. They take a certain amount of time to plan and have a purpose. Something simple would be brewing a cup of tea." I explained. 

"I see, your highness," Namgi replied. I came out from the dressing wall after the maids dressed me. They bow before me.

 "Shall I escort you to the dining hall." He said. I nodded

There are good and bads to being a princess. One thing I hate is that it's nearly impossible to travel without ease. I still have not learned how to ride a horse and the only way to travel is by foot or carriage. By foot, it's very dangerous, by carriage brings attention. Hell, I've never even set foot out of this castle in many years. I sit at the table, being greeted by my mother and father. The General was at the table as well. 

"General Min. It's wonderful to see you here." I commented. 

"Great to see you too, your highness." He said as he kissed my hand. 

 "Such an elegant lady has such elegant and lovely hands." General Min said. We sat down having a casual chat. 

"Will your son be joining us." My father asked. 

"Yoongi is busy training with Hoseok." He explained. 

"Wouldn't attending a meet up be considered training?" My mother asked. 

"He's not ready. He's still just a kid who still needs manners before he does anything official. In the meantime, he's training his second-hand man, Hoseok, who is better at social skills than my son. I am excited to introduce them to the princess." He explained. 

"I'd be honored to. A familiar face walked in, the head chef. "Breakfast will be served." The man said.

The chef had wide shoulders and a curious smile. It was Seokjin, or as I call him Jin. He is the head chef at the palace. How we met was before he even worked here. I ran away for a week from the castle and got lost. Jin found me in his hometown and fed me. We were kids at the time. When the guards found me, Jin offered a muffin to General Min as an apology. Hesitantly, he took a bite and was astonished by how good it was. Jin lived with a friend since his parents left him. General Min convinced the head chef and my parents to let him stay here. He became a very close friend of mine. 

"This morning's breakfast is Rose-Lemon Camomile tea with honey toast on the side. The main course is eggs benedict and sausages glazed in syrup." Jin said. After we ate breakfast, the servants cleaned the table. I watched as my parents discussed government and trade issues with General Min. 

"F/n, why don't you go spend some time to yourself. Don't get too dirty, we have guests coming later. And bring the stable boy with you." My mother said.