Chapter 5: Twilight

I am awakened by a tap on my shoulder.

"My lady it's 11:45" 

"Namgi?"

"This never happened. Wear this." he handed me some clothing that wasn't a dress. 

"I think I got this" dressing like this was surprisingly easier than the dress. Namgi assisted me with the leather armor. 

"Go out the window

"Go out the window."

"Namgi are you crazy!" I aggressively whispered.

"There is a rope. Climb down" he then left the room to go back to his post. What-Huh? what do I do? There is no-wait the rope is painted and covered in leaves to look like the vines. I come down slowly and do what I see the other soldiers do. I quietly make my way towards the meeting place. Whoever came up with this is brilliant. Sure enough, Yoongi was waiting while holding a pocket watch.

"You really know how to be on time, next time you'll have to wake up on your own."

"What do you mean next time?" I asked. He tosses me a training wooden sword.

"Training."

"First thing that you should know is your stance and sense of balance. Before we get into any weaponry, it would be silly to not able to stand your ground. You'd die immediately." he then pointed where I stand. He showed me where to stand, how to position myself and how to properly hold a sword.

"Whenever you move forward, don't go straight cause you are still in the line of the opponent's attack. Go at an angle and move forward and that's when you'd strike down."

"Like this? I'm sorry this is a lot to take in."

"No not like that." He came up to my side and positioned me with my arms, and he was rather close. "There now what I want you to do is to hold your ground as much as possible. I'm going to swing the stick at you as you focus on your defense."

His movements were fast and I fell to the ground. He helped me back up. 

"I'd be disappointed right now. But considering you held for at least one swing being a sheltered princess and all, I'm not.

"Um, thanks?"

"You need to move more. Standing still can get you hurt."

"Should I move forward instead?"

"Try it. Getting in the enemy's face can give you an advantage." He said and began to swing again. He knocked me off my feet and had me laying on the ground with the sword next to my face. "Got you," he smirked. I slapped him so he'd get out of my face. 

"Oww. Yah! that hurt!"

"Ohh like me falling hurt less."

"Damn your body must be frail then. Are all royals like this?"

"Yoongi I think this is too advanced for the first time."

"It's really a demo right now, just so you can know what to expect."

"Well I think you are going to hard for me, I don't think I like it." I spat

Yoongi glared at me and held my shoulders.

"What happened to the girl who wanted to ride horses and learn to be a knight?"

"Who told you?" I asked, almost offended. Yoongi sighed and looked at me in the eyes.

"Namgi wants this for you. He told me something about you that I found intriguing."

"Well, that was a stupid dream I had as a little girl! It's never going to happen!"

"If you say that it won't. F/n, I don't think you have any idea what is going on right now. All due respect, but you are more of a pain in the ass to take care of than Hoseok. I am only doing this because I want to help you. You need this more than you think. You wanted to become a knight, I can't promise you that. But I am willing to give you the tools in any case you need to defend yourself. I am getting out of my way to do this for you. Now you can man up and show up tomorrow night, or you can not come at all and lessons are canceled. You won't ever get an opportunity for this again. Training is over tonight."

He ended his speech and walked away.

Was I being too harsh? Whatever I don't even know if I'll show up tomorrow.

Hoseok's POV

I was helping the General with some paperwork late and then Yoongi storms in. "Uh oh, what got you all rallied up?" Min asked. 

"The princess is so complicated. Honestly women!" he argued. "You have to be patient with the princess. She needs to defend herself cause after the prince leaves she'll be in danger. Unless of course, she goes with him." I recommended.

"Yoongi we don't have a lot of time. When the Queen wants something, she'll do her best to get it. We can't rely on the Prince Jimin for her safety. We also found something out." General Min told his son.

"What is it? What did you guys figure out?"

I cleared my throat. "Yoongi, the date the prince is leaving, it's inconvenient for you. Prince Jimin is leaving the night after the full moon." I explained. "In a week? That's not enough time. Plus I can't be here on that night." he said worriedly

"I know Yoongi. Since I've grown old, I can withstand the full moon's effects. Yoongi must come back when he's fully recovered. I'll make sure Hoseok and Jungkook look after her. In the meantime, you should go home and send some letters while you are out for me. Bring some people to accompany you." he explained to Yoongi.

"Yoongi, no matter what you must train the princess. I will try my hardest to protect her, but if worse comes to worst she needs our help." I explained. He nodded in understanding.

"This conversation never happened." Yoongi left the room. No one can know what happens in this office, no the prince, princess, queen, king, staff, Jungkook, and even Namgi. We need to protect her.