Chapter 4: Horses

We head to the stables. Jinx began to whiney in excitement. "I think she's excited to see you guys, Jimin said. The horse nudged Jungkook as he began to open the wooden gate separating them too. She then ran up closer to me and embraced me with her wings. "Wow, she really likes you." Jungkook laughed.

"Well not enough that she'll let you ride her. That takes emotional growth" Jimin explained.

I approach the horse, Dana.  When I open the stall, the horse goes wild and loud. I close my eyes in fright, my feet were swept from the ground as someone held me tight. "My lady are you alright?" Jimin asked. His face was inches from mine as he slowly began to back away. 

"um yeah.. thanks" I said. A cough was heard from behind us. 

"I don't know what spooked that horse. She was fine yesterday." Jungkook explained as Jimin got me back up on my feet.

Jungkook began to open Pepper's stall. This horse was calmer than Dana.

"Isn't that your horse Jungkook?" I asked

"I've never owned a horse, I just take care of them. Pepper would be suited better for you anyways. He's rather young but calm and focused." Jimin got on Jinx as Jungkook helped me get onto Pepper. It was a lot higher than I imagined, my hands were shaking. Jimin placed him hand on my hand tightly holding the reins. "Hey if you fall. I'll catch you again." he smiled. Jungkook caught up to us on a  black horse. "Good girl Reaper," Jungkook said.

"That's a grim name for a horse."

"Well, this is the general's horse. I have to exercise some of these guys when they are not in use. She's called reaper cause this horse can kill and has been in many battles. She's the oldest one here." Jungkook explained.

"No need to brag about your grandma horse. Mine is 105 years old." Jimin bragged

"Can you two stop arguing and help me." I pestered. I swear those two talk to each other like siblings. I wish I had a sibling. Jin is the closest thing to a sibling since I've known him the longest. I should visit him sometime. My thoughts were interrupted as Jungkook and Jimin were racing each other going past me. "Woah! hey!" I yelled at them as my horse kept walking. 

"There is no way I can catch up with them," I said. As if the Pepper heard me, he began to speed up. I held on tightly to the horse, then I realized that the ride was quite relaxing. The wind against my face and a smile on my face.

"Glad you could catch up! You should thank me for adding a speed charm on Pepper!" Jimin said as we raced each other side by side. 

"What? I could have gone on my own! I just needed time. Thanks for the help!" I said and we were gaining speed. Pepper jumped over logs and branches. I got really far ahead and smirked as we got back to the valley. suddenly Jimin was next to me again, Jinx was flying low. "Hey, that's cheating!" Jungkook yelled. 

"No, it's not, I'm just using my resources!" He giggled. Man, that was cute. He held out his hand. 

"NO WAY! I am not jumping from my horse!" 

"I will catch you. I promise."

I hesitated as I looked down at the fast-moving ground. "Trust me" he gave me a reassuring smile. I jumped, and he sat him in front of him. It was a lot smoother than riding on a horse. Jimin brought Jinx back a bit. "I'm sure you'de like a ride too!" Jimin said to Jungkook.

"Next time, I gotta take the horses back" he responded. 

Jimin sent Jinx higher in the sky twisting between the palace "Woooooahhhhoooo" he shouts in excitement. I laugh in enjoyment and fun. I look beyond the palace walls and see the small village I've only entered once. My eyes brighten up in the sight of seeing past the kingdom. We twisted around the pillars and ever brushing up against the grass sending winds towards other soldiers. We go high above the clouds with twists and turns.