Chapter 11: The Prophecy

Jimin's POV

We gathered everyone to make the announcement. I stood up in front of the royals to speak.

"The princess's absence is of everyone's concern. I will take General Min to find her. The smaller the party, the better. For our safety, we won't say exactly where we are going in case if someone in this castle is the culprit, which I really hope that's not the case." I explained glaring at the queen and the other people around her. 

"We will report back as soon as we find the princess. It's been 2 days and not a moment should be wasted. If anyone objects, let me know now. But I'll have you know if it's objected in this kingdom, it certainly won't be in mine." I finished. Everyone went silent. "We shall be off then if I find anyone following us, I won't hesitate..."  General Min said. I wonder what he meant. Once we were safely out of the kingdom on our horse an alicorn, I figured I could ask him. 

"General Min"

"Yes?" he hummed

"You said if anyone would follow us you wouldn't hesitate. What did you mean?" I asked

"I mean I won't hesitate to harm or kill if that's their intentions," he said and I gulped at his radiating intimidation. 

"I'm sorry if my aura affected you," he said.

"Aura? Wait only...only vampires have those." 

"Exactly the point Jimin. I trust you won't say anything." My eyes widened

"Wait, does that mean your son is one too?" I asked.

"Yes. That's why I sent him off. The night of the full moon party would have been bad for him to be there. He's still a young vampire and is still maturing his powers. Meaning, he's still sensitive to sunlight, but not terribly. But his biggest issue is his hunger. I sent him home to get some things done for me and to train his own powers as well as keep anyone out of risk." he explained to me.

"Does the queen know about you two?"

"If she did, do you think we'd still be serving the kingdom? The queen is kind of stereotypical of our kind. It's safe to say she's racist." he chuckled.

"I guess you are right. I heard the King of the vampires was Kim Taehyung." I commented.

"That's what the world should know, my kingdom knows the truth. Between you and me, Yoongi is in line of the throne. I am King now. Every message I send to Taehyung is my orders. He can order the kingdom as his own cause I trust his leadership, but I do things when I need to." he explained. 

Vampires. Gotta love them. Honestly, I kinda feared them. I could kick their buts. It might be their aura powers messing with..."WAIT!" I yelled as reaper and Jinx both got scared.

"What?! Is there danger?" he asked.

"No! General, I think I thought of something. Did the people who survived the earlier snake attack remember anything?" I asked.

"Vaguely, it was just a blur to them," he said.

"Is it possible to give an aura to confuse others, even at the point to forget?" I asked

"Actually...yeah. It's not common. I can't do it and its a rare genetic power. Yoongi's mother had it, she had full control over a persons memory at one point. Vampires aura reflects their mood. It can be an advantage and disadvantage." 

"But is it possible one of the maids could be a vampire?"

"To be familiar with those snakes, to act out in the night, to hide in the shadows, and to possibly put a forgetful aura...yes Jimin it is possible. Unless it is one powerful witch," he said.