Chapter 7: Dancing swords

Your POV

Yoongi takes me to my room with his sword at the ready. Once we get to my room safe I collapse on my bed. After some sleep, I saw Yoongi sitting in a chair in my room. "You seem disturbed in your sleep. I'm sorry for your loss your highness," he said and sat beside me. I said nothing.

"You had a really strong relationship with Namgi. He was the one who suggested to my father I would train you," he said to me. I look up at him. "He's gone. He basically raised me." I explained. there was a silent pause before anyone of us spoke again.

"I don't like opening up to myself, but I lost my best friend years ago."

"How did he pass?" I asked.

"She died of Leukemia." I sat up to pat his back, but he nudged me off.

"It's nothing too big. In the moment I was crushed. But Thea wouldn't want me to mourn her. She was a knight with me before I became Captain. She refused to stop her work because of the sickness even though I begged her to. She didn't want to die so pathetically, that's why she stayed." he explained.

"Thea sounded like a brave person," I commented.

"I think you can be stronger and braver," he commented and stood up with his hand out. 

"Is it twilight?" I asked. He smirked. "You know how this works. I'll see you in the meetup location." He hopped out the window. 

After getting changed into the clothes he gave me I met him down there. "Damn you women take forever to get ready." He said handing me the wooden sword.

"Why don't you dress me faster then." I joke

"Alright, I'll stay next time to change you," he smirked evilly.

"Yoongi you perverted little-" I shoved him with the stick and he held his ground. I swung my sword and I spun into different directions as the swords clashed against each other. I seemed to be owning this fight until he aimed for my legs and I fell. 

"You've focused well enough on your arm movements and I'm surprised how fast you've caught on. But you need to work on your foot movement. Think of it as dancing." he recommended

"Dancing?" I question

"Uh yeah. If that makes it easier. There are certain patterns to memorize and look out for. In order to know if someone wants to dance, they bow. In sword fighting, when someone wants to strike they do different gestures or look in specific spots." he explained.

"Alright Yoongi, let's dance then." I swing over and over again and he continues to block. "You're going to hard." 

"Your dance is sloppy." he held his hand up for me to stop.

"I see the problem. You are thinking too much about hitting me rather than using a sword properly. You do not hold the sword, the sword is a part of you. Like another arm, don't lose this arm. Your movements are too much. You need to flow and be swift like water." He started to demonstrate the movements. 

"Just like a dance," I repeated his words. I followed his instructions and the wooden swords.

The wooden hits were echoing in the area as we spun and dodged each other's attacks if I could just hit him once.  I realized I've been using two hands this whole time and suga has been using one hand to hold the sword. I switch it to my single hand and swing it around me and Yoongi backs up I came closer and closer to him until he knocked the sword from my hand and pushed me down. He leans down close to me. Getting closer, but then backs up again. He reached for my hand to get me back on my feet.

"Very good, but you still need to learn what to do in case your sword is unreliable. Hoseok will teach tomorrows lesson." he picked up the swords.

"Awwww but I want to learn more." I pouted.

"You can't waste your energy so recklessly. Go away for the night." he walked away.

Huh? Isn't he supposed to be guarding my room? He turns around "I forgot something." He reaches on his belt and tosses my a dagger with a sheath belt. "You know enough to defend yourself, let's hope you won't have to use it." 

I attach the belt to me and start to climb back to my room. I changed back into my nightgown and hid the cloths under the bed. I held tight to the dagger all night in case I did have to defend myself, it also gave me comfort. As I held the dagger I felt engravements on the leather sheath. I walk towards the window with little moonlight, I was able to read what it said. 

Choe Namgi---Thorn

It was his dagger. I assume Thorn was the name of the dagger. I pull it out for the first time. The silver dagger had engravings of thorny vines. The guard was similar to the blade with thorn designs and shaped. The grip held the sword together by sturdy wood. And at the end of the sword was a ruby rosebud. I began to tear up. Namgi felt present whenever I held it. He feels proud of me and happy I am alive. He is also worried about something...

Jungkook's POV

I've been with the prince all night and he hasn't slept at all. "Shouldn't you get some sleep?" I asked the obviously tired prince.

"I can't sleep. Not when people are in danger and the Queen is making me sit here," he responded

"The Queen doesn't want your life in danger."

"Be honest Jungkook," he said. 

"Alright, she wants you alive and not me," I said back. He pointed to the seat and I sat down.

"Why is she so harsh on you?" he asked. I cannot reveal anything about the Queen. He might go crazy. "All I know is that she hates my bloodline and she says that I'm a disgrace. That's why she put me in the stables as a young boy."

"Young boy? how long have you been here?" he asked.

"Since I was born. My parents were to be executed, but they held off my mothers since she was pregnant with me at the time. Once I was born and able to feed without her, they ended her life. I was raised in the prison. I got better living conditions but as soon as I turned 5 I had to work in the kitchen. It wasn't until I was 10 I worked in the stalls." I explained.

"Did you know why they were in prison int he first place?" he asked me

"No, I asked and she would always remind me of how terrible my family is."

"I'm sorry to hear that Jungkook. If you ever feel like you need somewhere to stay, my kingdom is welcoming. As long as you don't bring harm, we welcome anyone." he said.

"Thanks, but this is still my home. I don't hate it here. It's just some of the people living here upset me."

"Tell me you'll consider it." He stood up and patted my shoulder. 

He was putting on his armor and once he finished he opened the door.

"I'll be visiting the general. Please come with," he said as I began to follow.