Chapter 17: I Know What You've Done

NamJoon's POV

I wander the hallways of the castle. This soul should be interesting. Little does the Queen know, Demons have emotions and picks sides. Little does she know, I heard everything outside the cave. I must find this suiter in the kitchen. Damn these apples are pretty good. I missed being able to walk around. I enter the kitchen and there appeared to be no one there, but I did feel a presence in the room. A man stood up with a box of fruit and yelled in shock. 

"AHHHJAAAAWAAAA! Yo startled me! Who are you even? What are you doing here in my kitchen?" He jumped. I laughed at him being startled

"Are you Chef Seokjin?" I asked

"Yes, Demon," he said,

"Aw, man is it that obvious?" I asked

"I was joking...."

Things got really awkward. He was trembling. "Look I may be a demon I swear I'm not that terrible of a person," I explained. I shook his hand. When I did, I saw flashes of his memories and knowledge. 

"Aha! So you are now my assistant. Please have a seat Jin." I said. Jin froze and proceeded to sit down after a bit. 

"Do you know how demons work?"

"Yes."

"Good I don't have to explain that. So you know demons receive peoples memories when they have a connection to them." I clarified.

"Yes, but how am I connected? Who made a contract with you?" Jin asked.

"The Queen did.  With both of our information, I finally know why. And I know her weakness." I whispered to Jin. 

"Really?" Jin said.

"Yes, it all began with-" I paused feeling a presence come closer to the door.

Draco and Ellena enter the room. Jin immediately makes eye contact with Draco.

"The Queen has a task for you."

"Just in time, I just finished discussing the basics with my assistant, isn't that right Jin?" I swear if he doesn't get that I'm trying to save his ass

"Oh yeah! He's super friendly and paying me extra since I work ever so hard in the kitchen!" he acted. Damn, impressive.

"Cute, you get along." Ellena scoffed.

"Let's go!" Draco said impatiently.

"You can't order me around like that. How dare you speak lowly of me, Witch, Vampire." I exposed them. Their rude tones became defensive and scared. That was my hint to Jin that I know what's happening. "I'm shocked that in this all human kingdom, a few of you got in." I looked at Jin and he nodded. 

"Your highness, what is it you need?" I asked

"I have a job. It requires to get blood on your hands. I'm going to begin a war at Pandora valley in 3 days. Make sure you get that message to the vampire kingdom tomorrow."

"Who am I killing?" I asked

"Enough people to write a message in the town square." she dismissed me.

I immediately head down to Jin to let him know I'll be out. And I need some information.

"Jin, where is the vampire kingdom located?"

"It's a 3-day ride on horseback from here, southeast. I never got your name," Jin questioned.

"Namjoon. Oh and Jin, before I leave, why don't I tell you what happened."

"Happened?" Jin was confused.

"Jungkook's Parents and the Queen's Powers. Her weakness is that 'stable boy'

"When Draco told that Jungkook's parents were going to take over, the Queen executed his parents. Before they were executed, the queen stole his mother's powers. I got a weird feeling from her. Her magic is not her own and she's reckless with it. Jungkook has a protection spell on him. The Queen cannot hurt him. The spell didn't only protect him, it protected the powers inside him." I explained,

"I thought you had a contract with the Queen."

"I do and I will obey under the contract and I will give her what she deserves if she breaks any code. But this is not just about my contracts and collecting souls, the world is in danger. And the prophecy may go for best or worse in 3 days."

"So Princess f/n will kill the Queen."

"That's a possibility. There is also a possibility the Queen will kill the princess"

I told Jin to keep an eye on staff and even every single guest that has come over. I might be adding more souls I need to pay, but if the Queen fucks up, I might just be free. There is nothing in the rules about a demon saving the world or siding with someone without affecting the contract. I can bend the rules. So what if this may mess with my soul streak. I care about this land, unlike the other sins. I will demolish and get rid of anything that stands in my way. For now, I must obey this Queen and try to warn Jungkook. He has potential.

After the Attack...

I look from the crowd and see my bloody work of art. I only killed the criminals I found around town, I did kill two innocents, but they were dying from diseases anyways.  Man being a Demon really fucks with your head sometimes. The princes look furious along with their assistants. I located Jungkook, based on how Jin described him to me. I made sure to follow them without being seen. The vampires went their ways, but Jungkook stayed with another boy. A more hopeful one.

I can't get too close, this one is an assassin. I can tell because of how observant and aware he is just by walking. I'll wait till he leaves. 

Once he did, it was just jungkook int he training yard. The wind blew all the torches out.

"Dammit."

"I'll fix it," I said walking from the shadows and snapped my fingers, relighting all the torches.

"Who are you!" Jungkook raised your sword.

"Didn't you see the warning? Don't call the guards cause I might end up making more people bleed. That's the last thing I want." I said. Jungkook's eyes glared down on me.

"I know what you've done."

"And I know what the Queen has done to you and your family," I said as I leaned on a hay bail, and it falls, along with me. I quickly stood up and brushed myself off.

"Elegant." Jungkook scoffed.

"Mhm, anyways" I cleared my throat. "Let's make a deal Jungkook. You tell no one about this meeting, AND I MEAN NO ONE, and I'll tell you everything I know." I clarified. Jungkook lowered his sword.

"What do you know about me?" Jungkook asked

"The Queen killed your parents. Your mother used magic to protect you while you were in the womb. After you were born, the Queen took your mother's power along with her life." I explained.

"My mother was a witch?"

"She was an enchantress, born with magic. The Queen is a witch. She doesn't have full control of her powers, but she doesn't realize her weakness is a boy who needs to find out for himself who he really is." I explained. 

Jungkook's heavy breathing increased. He became angry, and he was a glowing blue color. 

"Did I just awaken your aura? Hell yes. The name is Namjoon. Next time you see the Queen, it should be the last. You tell her "I know what you've done" then behead her." I explained.

"You want me to do that? I'll do that. There is gonna be a war? I am ready." Jungkook was enraged, and I felt his power rising.

"I'll keep in touch." I snapped my fingers.