Chapter 14: Jin's Confliction

5 days before...

Jin POV

The princess is missing and the castle is in havoc. The King is on a business trip, leaving the Queen here. The two maids follow the queen around doing their duties as she orders. One was killed during the attack. I made eye contact with one of them, Draco. On her break, she would visit me in the kitchen. The other one, Lia, is very quiet. She doesn't talk a lot. The Queen approached me. "Hello, Chef Jin. It's wonderful to see you working in the kitchen again."

"Thank you my Queen, could I get you anything?" I asked her.

"No, but Draco has been feeling sick. Could you brew her some herbal tea? She refuses to leave my side, but I ordered her to come here. To make sure she did I had to escort her myself. Selfcare is important Draco. I'd hate to see you weak" she scolded Draco. Draco bowed to the queen in apologies.

"Consider it done." I smiled and the Queen dismissed herself.

"Jin, I'm fine."

"Draco stop it. Have a seat."  I told her.

"How are your wounds?" she asked.

"They are nothing now. Just a reminder to watch out." I chuckled. I thought back tot he bites.

"It's too bad that one of the other maids resigned after that traumatic event. She's terrified of snakes." Draco said.

"Do you know her whereabouts? She was really nice. I've seen her tending the garden at times." I commented.

"She's dead. She was killed the night she left. I am guessing the person meant to kill her didn't want them to get away with any knowledge of the attacker's face." Draco said with sadness on her face. My heart sunk.

"She was only 14...that poor girl."I sighed and handed her the tea. We'd always have chats about what's going on around the castle. Our breaks always matched up. I wonder where she was during the attacks. 

Flashback

I was running away from the room with the giant snake. Please not again. I've had enough with these damn snakes! Then someone grabbed my arm and pulled me from the harm of another smaller snake. 

"Who are you!" I look up to see Jungkook. He sighed me to be quiet with his finger. He dragged me to the closet and began to speak,

" I don't have time to explain but the princess is in danger. We didn't expect this to happen and we going to take her somewhere else safer after the party. You can't tell anyone about us meeting up. You know the staff well If you find anything out, send a Phoenix to Eizenmar  with anything that may help us." He explained.

I nodded my head. "Jin, no matter what, don't reveal anything about this. And if you can, get any information about my parents, it's a personal request." Jungkook ran off as I stayed in the closet till everything quieted down.

"Draco I have a question. You seem to know a lot about the castle considering you are with the queen almost 24/7. Do you have any interesting stories? Or anything spicy?" I raised my eyebrows. Yes, Jin brings your charm out.

"What kind of spicy? Are we talking about the drama between staff? Affairs? Or are we talking about secrets?" she asked.

"Hmmm hard to choose. Secrets spark my interest." I winked.

"How about for every secret I tell, you must tell me a secret." She suggested.

"Alright. You start your secret. You can pul them from your sleeves it seems like, while I need to think. Tell me about the people in prison."

"Some of the people are fakely accused just because of the queen. My turn, what's your biggest fear?" she asked.

"Biggest fear? Well, I don't fancy bugs for the life of me. But I can't decide what else I am afraid of. I can be a bit jumpy at times." I chuckled

"More on the prison. Do you know that stable boy? Jungkook I think was his name. I know the reason why they were executed and imprisoned, but even I wasn't allowed to hear it. If you want to hear it, you gotta do something for me." She winked.

"Yes, Draco?"

"I'll tell you another secret, I like you. You're alive because of me. Those snakes...hehe well they were mine. Didn't want them to get everyone. You were too beautiful to end." she said and slowly began to get closer to me. My heart raced. 

"The Queen wanted to end Jeon Jungkook's parents because they had the plot to stop the Queen. But before she could execute his mother, she used all of her magic to create a spell to protect Jungkook. So that would mean that she had time to live with her child in her belly."

"Jungkook's mother was a Witch?" I asked.

"Yes, along with her daughter. He daughter was the one who revealed the plan to end the Queen. If she didn't she would be dead. Jeon Lee-Ung was a new person. A witch with the power to control snakes. Draco was born. So you are wondering what you have to do to have this information." she said and slid her hand on my shoulder.

"What do you want," I asked harshly and removed her hand. 

"Simple, you tell no one about me sending the attacks, and I tell you everything you need to know. One of my little friends let me know that Jungkook wants to know his origin. Also for me to tell you information, you have to come with me. You will obey the queen and listen to me. You cannot share any information. But I will allow you to send a letter regarding his past, minus the part about my existence." she explained.

"What happens if I decline."

"Your life will be in danger. As much as I'd want to keep you safe since truly see you as a friend, I might be ordered to kill you if you say anything. Or you could not agree and we never talk again. Just let me know what you think." Draco said taking a final sip of her tea.

Draco's a witch, Jungkook's sister, and she's a close friend. I began to write a letter to Jungkook as I am in fear. 

Jungkook POV

"Jungkook, this is for you. A phoenix delivered it just now," V said handing me a letter as I sat in my room. I opened it. 

"Whatever Pheonix carried this left some ash on it." I laughed as I brushed it off.

Jungkook,

Look I cannot write a lot but I discovered something about your past. Your parents were plotting against the Queen. I don't know exactly what they were doing but it leads them to being imprisoned. The queen has a lot of terrible things planned. I don't know how much I can write without getting in trouble, but things are not looking good here. The snake attacks were no accident. They were a violent attack. I cannot say where I got the information and this may be the last thing I will write to you until we meet again. Please stay safe.

-Jin

"Shit," I said to myself.

"What?"

"Tae, I've got a bad feeling."