Chapter 3: Unfriendly Plans

Yoongi's POV

My father brought us three to his office. "Um sir, weren't you going to send me to the knights quarters?" Jungkook asked. 

"Prince Jimin may want to make you a knight, but he technically has no authority here. Once the prince leaves the Queen wants you dead. "What?" Hoseok and I said at the same time. 

"I know. I didn't know either, until I eavesdropped on her in the hallway after dinner. I fear Jungkook may not only be the one on her hit list. Who knows, it could be everyone in this room." my father explained. 

"Wait. The queen never lets her daughter outside the palace walls cause it's dangerous. What if all the danger is in the castle. Those gates rarely open." I mentioned.

"That might be what she wants. Jungkook, stay here with me. We have some business to talk about." My father instructs.

I feel bad for Jungkook. "In the meantime, you two know what to do." Hoseok and I left the room.

"Yoongi. I've got a bad feeling about this. Mostly about what can happen to Princess f/n" Hoseok said. "Yeah, I do too." We geared up in our all black night uniform with our faces mostly covered. "I'll go north to west and you can go south to east, "Hoseok explained

"Excuse me, since when did you start giving orders, I'm your captain"

"That's with an army or group. When we are doing this work your dad is my superior" he smiled and joked.

"Haha very funny, I'll see you in a bit."

"Don't get caught yoongi."

"Since when have I ever got caught," I said as Hoseok smirks. Then we split. 

I came upon the Queen's room where her servants were undressing her.  These servants were her special picked out service in no ordinary uniform. They wore dark velvet dresses with black and silver-lined sleeves. The three of them were chatting with the Queen.

"What might be on your mind your majesty? You seem tense." One said.

"Tch, stupid girl. My daughter is ruining everything. If that prince takes her away, my plans will be ruined. I am doing anything to get that girl to disappear, forever. The older she gets, the less time I have and the harder it will be." She ranted

"And what do you think will solve this."

"Ruining my daughter's reputation without being too obvious. I must change that prophecy. I was lucky to even find that part of it hidden in there. After all, it did cover the key events. If I succeed, I will become the ruler of this country. All I have to do is end the princess and the world will be mine."

"How do you plan on disposing of your daughter."

"Well, first we shall make the prince hate her and send him away. I would hate to end him too. As much as I'd hate to say it we need him. Right after he leaves the stable boy will die and will be stripped of being a knight. f/n will mourn and at the right opportunity, you girls come in. You did swear a blood oath. Do not disappoint me" She reminded the three women and they bowed. 

I've seen enough to report. This is terrifying. The princess, Jungkook, and maybe even the prince are in danger. I run back tot he office where Hoseok was waiting and Jungkook was chatting with my father. I was out of breath.

"Yoongi, you alright?" Jungkook asked as hoseok handed me water.

"Guys, we were right. But I fear it will get worse." I then explained everything. My father takes a deep breath.

"Alright. Then it's a game of chess. The queen's playing with her three pawns, well I may not be a king, but I got the pieces myself. Two rooks, and a knight. May the best player win."

Your POV

I was awakened early in the morning by Namgi. "My lady, Captain Yoongi requested an urgent message to you," he said to me. "The sun isn't even up. What he has to say?" I asked.

Namgi handed me a paper note.

Meet me at twilight tonight in the gardens.

"He also requested me to burn this, so it seems it never happened. Princess, I don't know what's going on, but I promise to keep my mouth shut " Namgi said. I knew I wasn't going to be able to fall asleep after that so I decided to head down on my own.

In the morning, I pass the dining room and Jimin was already eating. He saw me, and there was no escaping him. "f/n come sit with me." he requested.

"Why did you wake up so early?"

"I couldn't sleep. It's a  lot to take in what happened yesterday with the now alicorn. Jinx? That's her name, right?"I asked

"Yup. You listen well." 

"Thanks, Jimin. I didn't believe in them until I saw one myself. I thought they were a myth. From the stories my father told me, it's hard to come by one." I said,

"Yes, that is true. If you are looking for one, you'll never find one. The unicorn will find you. They are drawn to people worthy of serving. They are loyal. Once the master dies or is killed, they will either choose to die with them or go with that owner's most trusted companion. There have only been 5 people recorded in history to own a unicorn. There could be more, but it'd unknown. I don't know anyone owning an alicorn." he explained.

"You might be the first. I could tell you really cared for Jinx. I know elves love any friendly creature." I said.

"Only if the creature poses a threat we attack. But for the most part, elves have a natural ability to befriend animals. But that doesn't mean all elves love animals the same. It's like it's a part of them so we naturally treat animals with respect. Some more than others. What's with that look f/n? Is this your first time hearing this?" he asked. I then realized and hide a wide expression. 

"I've never been out of the palace, at least that I remember. I've only read the basics from books. Hearing this from someone is totally different." I didn't want to bring up the muffin story when I ran away temporarily. 

"Well, I'm glad I was the first to share."

We ate our breakfast before anyone else and talked more about the world outside and the creatures he's encountered, the good and the bad. Jungkook entered the room and bowed. "The four-legged creatures are waiting for their ride." Jungkook joked. My eyes perked and I looked at him. 

"Has she never ridden a horse?"Jimin asked

"No, never."

"Wait as a princess she should have learned that at an early age." Jimin corrected

"Well, my mother is rather strict and didn't think it was ladylike to ride a horse," I explained. Jungkook ran over and grabbed my hand. "Then let's go!" He smiled. Jungkook really needs to stop doing that, it's making me feel...feelings.