Chapter 6: Mourning

My sleep was interrupted by banging on the door. "Who's there!" I yelled still tired from last night. Prince Jimin comes in worried. "I am glad you are safe you must gather with the others in the dining hall. Please cover your eyes and take my hand so we can get you to safety," he said worriedly.

"What's going on?"

"We need to go," he said taking my hand.

He leads me outside of my room where one of the maids was lying dead on the floor covered in blood. I began to cry and Jimin turned me around. "Look at me f/n I need you to close your eyes. I will carry you. Just please shut your eyes." he begged. I nodded my head and he carried me bridal style. I did keep my eyes shut. I was sat down in a chair and Jimin tapped my shoulder. I look at my parents, Jimin, Jungkook, Hoseok, Yoongi, the general and some other terrified staff.

"Now that everyone is here, what the devil is going on?" my father asked and General Min stood up. "This morning multiple staff were found either dead or injured. We've lost a lot of people to this tragedy. Everything happened inside the castle and there were no reports of suspicious behavior outside the palace. Yoongi will now read the list of casualties." he said. 

Yoongi stepped up with a scroll in hand.

"Currently there are only three people in the infirmary unconscious and in serious condition. That is Choe sung Hei, Jung Rosaline, and Chef Kim Seokjin," he said. Jin? He's hurt! This can't be happening. My heart begins to race.

"And now for the deaths." Yoongi gulps.

" Chun Dae Jung, Park Flynagin, Chef Espro Georgia,  Caron Benji, and Cho Namgi." Yoongi's voice shook and he was trying to stay strong, but once he said Namgi, he almost lost it. Tears all from my face. "Namgi...no."

Flashback

"Namgi why can't mommy and daddy play with me?"

"Well my lady, your parents are very busy running the kingdom. They still love you and try to take care of you. But everything they do is still for you." he explained.

"I just wanna play hide and seek with them."

"Someday they will. For now...1, 2, 3"

I giggled and find my way through the garden in the maze of flowers. In attempted to find a place to hide, I tripped and fell into a  rose bush. I begin to cry.

"Hah! I found...your highness!"

"Waaahhhhhh" I cry the white roses had some blotches of blood on them from my fall.

"You need to be more careful" He pulled out a handkerchief to wipe my tears and a flask to clean the wound.

"Am I not pretty anymore cause of my wounds." he laughed at me.

"No, you are so beautiful. They won't scar. In case if they do scar, now there is a story why you survived falling in a rose bush. It's proof you've survived." he smiled.

"You have a scar on your arm. What's the story?" I asked looking at his arm as he cleans my cut hands.

"Well, I used to be a knight before I worked as your loyal servant. I was cut very badly. But you know why it was worth it? I saved people in the process." he explained.

"If I were to become a knight, would I be able to save people?" I asked. Namgi took some time to think about it.

"I cannot guarantee it." I frowned after he said that.

"You being as beautiful as this rose, it's hard to imagine you with other wilted and dead flowers. Yet again, all roses have their thorns." Namgi explained and he picked me up piggyback style.

"Now let's take this dirty little 5-year-old to the baths!" he began to run and I had fun. A knight huh? I think I would love to save people.

Present

General Min's POV

Watching the princess cry like that was the most painful thing I've seen. "F/n we can just get another servant for you." her mother tried to comfort her. 

"DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT WILL BRING NAMGI BACK. HE HAS BEEN MORE OF A PART THAN ANY OF YOU TWO!" she yelled at the King and Queen. Yoongi looked at me and I to him. 

"You're majesty, we will provide funerals to all who have been killed. I am sure Namgi would hate to see you cry like this." I bowed to her. 

Tears were running down her face and she collapsed to the floor. Jungkook sat by her side, rubbing her back gently as she held tight to his shirt. The king stood up. "I would like Captain Min and some guards to keep her in her room until things are cleaned up. Yoongi, escort the lady to her room." the kind instructed. 

"Yes your highness, Hoseok, Jungkook come-"

"I would like to have Jungkook stay with the prince. Take him to his room" the queen interrupted.

"Why does it seem like you don't want this wonderful man around your daughter. All due respect your highness but I seriously think you are playing favorites," The Prince said taking Jugnkook's side.

"No, I think you misunderstood. General Min and the Captain only choose the best men to serve them for the kingdom. If the Prince deserves someone strong like him." She pats Jungkook in the shoulder and he looks at her with discomfort. 

"Hoseok can stay with my wife and I will have the General to myself." 

"Yes, your highness," I bowed. Everyone split and the Prince didn't look too happy. With all this craziness happening, it's gonna be harder to get everyone safe. I guide the king to his room and as soon as the door shuts, he kicks the table and things fall off.

"DAMMIT. This place isn't safe for f/n anymore. We tried so hard to save her from a dangerous world, and now it has come to us." he said

"Dear king, danger is something that cannot be avoided. The danger seeks its prey. For a knight, we seek it. I believe if things get worse, f/n needs to be prepared." I suggested.

"Yes, but we have an opportunity for her to wed somebody and this is the worse time this can happen. Those two seem really happy, but I don't like how he comes in like he owns the place." the kind complained. 

"Maybe he sees something you don't. All hail the Queen, but haven't you noticed how tough she's been on people?" I asked. "She's like that. She believes if she lets things too smoothly, she'll be vulnerable," he explained. That's good to know. 

"I think you should listen to the Prince sometimes. He's a guest and someone we wouldn't want to be enemies with." I said. "You're right. Thanks, general."

"Have a good night rest." I wished him. he nodded as I began to guard outside for the night.