Chapter 10: A Full Moon Party

Sure enough, Yoongi was gone and I was stuck in my room until the party started. These type of parties, the prince and princess aren't supposed to see each other until first entering the party, then they get the first dance. The party starts soon and my maids are doing their last touches to my look. "You look gorgeous your highness!" one of them said. The resemblance to my mother was uncanny. The music was already playing downstairs and the guests had already arrived, not that there were that many. I didn't see Jungkook and I only saw Hoseok once. The general was with my father and Jimin.

I step towards the center stairs and all eyes were on me. On the opposite side of the room, Jimin came down. He was nicely dressed in clothing I've never seen him wear. He looks dashing. We approach each other to the center of the ballroom.

"I hope you are a good dancer."

I thought back to Yoongi's 'dance' lesson

"I am sure I can dance." I chuckled.

The music carried us away and our feet glided across the floor. Soon enough my mother and father joined other dukes and duchesses, and then everyone dances. We spun in circles and the room felt like a giant music box. Jimin's hand wrapped around my waist gently again. I held his hand as the other laid softly on his shoulder. The dance ended with all the men carrying the women leaning on the waist. Everyone else clapped as he still held me and we looked into each other's eyes. We danced 3 more dances cause we both were having fun.

"Not bad f/n"

"Prince! Not in public. You can't be so casual with me right now."

"You're right. Let's have a drink" he chuckled. I blushed as I took his arm. All the others were talking about how I looked and the normal royalty conversations. I was getting quietly bored and  I sensed Jimin was too.

"It was wonderful meeting you all, the princess and I must be off now. Have a wonderful time." Jimin said. Wow, his social skills are better than mine. He leads me to the balcony where we could see a full moon and starry night. "Beautiful isn't it?" he said while looking at me and I nodded.

"What's wrong?" Jimin questioned me.

"Oh, nothing. I've just been thinking about why you're here and how you are searching for someone."

"And why is that?" he asked

"Have you decided?"

"You tell me first." he smiled.

"Well, at first, I didn't know what to think of it. We've had guests before and no one has really liked me and my mother always dismissed me. You are the first person who can deal with my ridiculous personality."

"Come on your not that bad. I've dealt with a selfish woman who just rather have my body than me as a person," he explained

"All for lust? That disgusts me. I never would treat you like that. You are a wonderful person who deserves better than that. This past week has been amazing and from everything you've told me I think I've made my decision."

I paused and Jimin looked at me with hope.

"I want to go with you. I am excited to see the outside world, but at the same time I am terrified."

"If you ever want to go back, that's up to you. I can't stop you. I want you to be happy. Cause I was really hoping you could come with me" he said with a blushed face.

"That's the first I've heard that someone wants me. I'm gonna miss some people here too," I said.

"I plan to take Jungkook with me. The queen doesn't seem to want him and I've found him very entertaining and useful. He'd be much more welcome at my kingdom." he said.