53 - Silence

< flashback >

"Jungkook~ah, if I ask you a question can you promise to answer it with your whole heart?"

Seokjin asked him one day when they had just gotten back from the hospital for his 7 months pregnancy check up.

It's sudden but this curiosity has always been floating on his mind ever since the early months of his pregnancy. Jungkook eyed him weirdly. Confused with such a request from his husband.

"What do you mean?"
He sat down, joining his husband on the couch.

"Nu-uh, promise me first can you answer it with your whole heart? No lying, no second thoughts?"

Seokjin looked serious. His eyes staring right at Jungkook. Waiting eagerly until his husband finally nodded.

"Okay listen. One day, if something happens and you are given an option to choose between me or our baby what would you pick?"

That shocked Jungkook. His mouth opened wide. His forehead wrinkled. Is Seokjin serious? What is he even thinking? What's with the question?. He didn't realise that he kept on silence, no responding neither answering Seokjin.

"Kook please...you nodded just now. Just answer me."

Jungkook didn't know on what pregnancy magazines or articles that his husband read, he didn't know on what talks or seminars that his husband attended but one thing he knew he hated the question. Not even once in his mind he thought of losing either Seokjin or his baby.

No way. Never.

"What are you talking about Jinnie. What's with the ridiculous question. I'm not discussing this."

He moved to stand when Seokjin grabbed his hand, urging him to sit down again.

"I mean there will always be some possibilities. You will never know. Yes I'll be safe. Both of us will be. I only need to know your answer because I know what is mine already."

Seokjin caressed his husband's hands softly, intertwining each of their fingers together before kissing the knuckles. Jungkook's large veiny hands always fits perfectly on his small delicate ones.

"I don't want to know your answer baby. Stop talking nonsense like this. It's not healthy for you."

Jungkook tried to persuade his husband to stop, not willing to listen to his gibberish. He could already assume the answer but he kept it hidden deep inside in his heart. Ignoring it like a passing air.

Whatever it is Seokjin couldn't decide for him. Jungkook tried to direct the focus away but his husband resisted, face is nothing but serious. Eyes keep staring at Jungkook. One hard tug on Jungkook's hands make he focused on the beautiful face in front of him. Relented.

"Please. Just listen to me once. If one day you'd have to choose between me or our baby, please choose them okay-."

"Seokjin stop-"

"Shhh..I have not finished babe. Please choose our baby instead of me and please take care of them well, nurture them with your whole support and care, love them more than you love me, every night before they sleep please tell them a story about me, tell them that I love them so much, that I never wanted to leave-"