10 - Different

Months after the incident Jungkook noticed the change in Seokjin. He went out earlier than him and went home late. He didn't cook anything in their house, he saw how his fridge is back to an empty box, no groceries or food supplies in them. Seokjin sometimes stayed in his office without telling him, every weekend Seokjin went out somewhere that he didn't know.

Seokjin didn't listen to his order, he saw the man purposely updated on his social media everytime he met his parents. He saw how close Seokjin with his mom and dad, taking picture together, having fun, going for a trip. Seokjin never answers his calls or replies his message. He is annoyed, Seokjin is not an easy one to deal with, this guy really did this on purpose.

It's weekend when he goes back to his parents' house after not meeting them for few months. He doesn't know where Seokjin is after he woke up this morning. It's a normal routine for them now, staying together but not even talking to each other, just how he always wished to but why his heart is feeling restless.

******

"Mom, dad I'm here" he announced his visit once he arrived in the house. He is greeted by their maid in the entrance.

"Oh Master Jungkook, long time no see" his maid greets him sweetly, wide smile clears on his face. She looks like she was just laughing heartily since there are bits of laughter left in his voice.

"Hi, Ji Young noona where's mom and dad?"

He steps inside the house seeing it's empty in the living room. Usually his dad will sit in the front couch reading his newspaper while seeping his coffee. He doesn't know if his dad had to go for outstation though. His question is answered by loud noises in the kitchen, he walks past Ji Young and quickly moves to the kitchen.

From the arch he stands,  he sees his mom and dad sitting on the high tool on their island while laughing nonstop. Their faces red from laughing. Seokjin is standing in front of the island while whisking his dough for cake, sometimes he stops when he laughs wholeheartedly, he bends his body and holding his waist trying to control his laughs.

It's s different. Their house vibe is different. It's been so long since he heard this loud noises, not the annoying kind of noise but it's pleasing, the happy laughters, the cackles, the harmonious sounds from his parents and his maids.

And one apparent noise, the newest sound is the windshield like laughters from Seokjin. He loves the feeling. He suddenly misses the noise. He doesn't know how much he longing for this kind of feeling.

Their laughters die down when they notice Jungkook in the space, Seokjin who from just now holding his breath from laughing too much deliberately stops, his face back to stoic and expressionless. Their eyes meet for a while before Seokjin quickly looks away. He busies himself with the whisk and the baking.

"Owh Jungkook, son I miss you."

Mrs. Jeon walks to him and hugs him tight feeling so long since his son last visited them. This few months it's always Seokjin who contacted her and her husband.

They sit down at the dining table meanwhile Seokjin makes himself busy with finishing his cheesecake. Never once he takes a look at his husband in the kitchen. Mr. and Mrs. Jeon notice the tension, they know well how Jungkook reacted to this marriage but it's been 7 months, why they can't be at least lenient with each other. That is why they hope their plan now will change the awkward tension between both of them.