31 - Betrayal

"Hey Jungkook"

Taehyung greets him. Waving excitedly able to meet his best friend outside of work hours.
After Jungkook got married they rarely spend their time with each other aside from attending meeting together, discussing on the company deals.

Jungkook called Taehyung to meet him. He has unresolved matter that he needs to settle with the other. Taehyung doesn't know Jungkook is aware of everything regarding Park Jimin, from his dirty works up to Taehyung's hidden feeling.

Man to man talk, Jungkook wants to sort out this issue today.

"Dush"

One strike right into Taehyung's face, surprising him who is clueless about the sudden attack. Hand holding the part he got hit.

"That was for lying to me"

Jungkook snaps.

Another hit

"This is for betraying our friendship."

Two sudden punches from Jungkook right after they met. Taehyung is surprised. Too dumbfounded with the situation. Why Jungkook suddenly do this to him.

"What is this?"

He snarls, his own wrath take over his patience. He touches his face that is now starting to swell, Jeon Jungkook's punch never feels weak. He's used to his short tempered friend but to be attacked out of nowhere like this, it's unfair.

"You are my friend Taehyung, how dare you keep everything from me?"

Taehyung's eyes wide opened.

What does Jungkook mean? Don't tell him Jungkook already know about their lies.

"I- I don't understand, what do you mean kook?"

"Park Jimin. You know what he did behind my back right? You are aware of his acts from years he started doing this? Why don't you stop him Tae, why did you lie to me? You know how much I care about him, how much I loved him before?"

Jungkook begins, feeling heavy with the situation. He doesn't believe how Taehyung would keep the secret behind him. Taehyung knows about his feelings for Jimin more than anyone else. Jungkook used to prioritise him more than anything else, even betraying his own husband.

Taehyung is speechless, this is the moment that he wanted to avoid. The painful encounter that he is not prepared to face. He thought Jungkook doesn't know about his involvement with Jimin's betrayal.

The day he met Jimin, he only told him that Jungkook broke up with him because of Seokjin, nothing else. Jimin looked so helpless mourning over his ended relationship with Jungkook. He never expects it's because his secret has been exposed to Jungkook.

Again, Park Jimin lied to him.

Taehyung is upset. He doesn't want to end up like this. He doesn't want to break his friendship with Jungkook. He also doesn't want to lose Jimin but he wonders if he has any options left.

"Why are you quiet? You are happy to see me being treated like an idiot? He doesn't love me Tae, he was playing with my heart when I really cherished our love. 8 years Tae, I spent 8 years loving him. He was there when I was sick, Jimin was there treating me and taking care of me, were all of that just a mere acting Tae?"