Jamie

Stella's POV:

I woke up sweating in my own apartment. Niall must have brought me here last night. My shoulder was sore but i thought nothing of it.I looked over at the clock and it read 8:42. I jumped out of bed and took a quick shower. I got dressed, brushed my hair and teeth and put on minimal makeup.

I was supposed to meet Jamie at the coffee shop at nine.

I was wearing a black top and black jeans and black high tops. I grabbed my purse as I ran out the door and into my red sedan. I drove to the coffee shop and parked in the lot.

I walked in the small shop and saw Jamie sitting at a table in the back. I sat down.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." I replied.

My phone buzzed in my pocket as I read the text and tried to conceal my excitement.

"So, I have some news."

"About...?" Jamie asked.

"Well, there is a job opening in the FBI beside Niall and I. And it's yours if you want it."

"Really?! Oh my god! Thank you Stella!" Jamie said hugging me as lifting me off my feet.

"Ok ok, I'll call Liam." I said as he out me back on the ground.

I called Liam to tell him Jamie wanted the job.

"You got it." I said and Jamie hugged me again.

Jamie's phone buzzed and he read the text. His expression changed completely.

"St-Ste-Stella, Niall just got in a car accident."

"What?" I asked.

"N-Niall got into a car accident."

"Where?" I asked.

"Two blocks from here." He said rushing out the door an into his cop car. He switched on the lights and drove there.

I broke out I tears as I saw the accident.

There was a blue pickup that had a huge dent in the front and crushed up that was in the middle of the intersection. There was also Niall's black FBI SUV that was tumbled over and crushed severely. I got out of the moving cop car and ran to Niall's window. By the looks of it, the driver's seat was where the car hit. Niall was sitting on the seat, was bleeding on his head and was unconscious.

"Jamie!! Come over here now!" I screamed. Jamie jumped out and broke open the door. He caught Niall when he fell out. Jamie started to check Niall out since he is also a paramedic.

I ran to the pickup truck to see if the guy was okay. I opened the door and immediately I smelt a very strong scent of alcohol and the guy was dead inside. He probably ODed before he crashed into Niall. I felt something prick my shoulder. I slammed the door and kicked the side of the door in anger leaving a bigger dent then I thought I would.

Niall was just being out on a stretcher and carried into the ambulance. I stared at Niall. He had a big gash on his head and his left shin was gashed along with some other cuts. I hated seeing him like this. I reached over to hold Niall's hand.

Suddenly, a huge pain in my shoulder stopped me and I gripped my shoulder and sat back in the seat. Jamie asked if I was okay when he told the driver to go faster. I looked over at my shoulder and I gasped. My shoulder was becoming severely bruised and deforming. I had no idea what was going on, but I was focused on Niall.

Jamie started shaking me.

"What?"

"Stella, you are about to pass out." Jamie told me feeling my forehead just as everything went black and Jamie caught me.

-------

I woke up lying in a hospital bed at the hospital. I had been here too much in the last few months.

My shoulder hurt like hell. Jamie saw me awake and ran to my room.

"Ste-"

"Where's Niall?" I asked, cutting Jamie off.

"He, uh, is in the ICU.'

"What?"I asked disbelieving.

"I-In the ICU."

"Then let's go."

"Stella, I don't think that is a good idea."

"Why, I'm not a patient, I can leave this room." Looking down at my clothes from earlier today.

"Fine." He said leading me there.

In the first room, Niall was hooked up to at least 30 different machines and tubes. I looked away. Jamie pulled me into a hug and I cried. We stood like that for a good few minutes.

"He can't leave me." I whispered.

"He won't. He loves you. To him, you are his reason to live. So he will live." Jamie whispered back. I smiled the slightest at Jamie's words.

"And that's what he told me." Jamie added. I hugged him tighter.

"Now, your shoulder. I'm afraid that you might have to get surgery. It's really messed up and the doctor said well,frankly I think it's bullshit, but he thinks it was a drug that your body doesn't react well to. They might have to remove the drug.And it is also torn in the ACL ligament."

"Whatever."

"So, coffee?" Jamie smirked at me.

"Ok." I smiled back genuinely for the first time in a few hours.

We walked to the cafeteria and got some coffee, and donuts.

"I'm glad to have you as my best friend, Jamie." I said as we sat down at a small table.

"I'm the luckiest guy to have such a best friend." He laughed.

"Now enough of this sappiness." I laughed along.

We walked back up to Niall's room. I started to run when at least 8 nurses were crowded around him. The door to his room was locked. I pounded on the door. Nurses came running towards me and grabbed my arms. The pain in my shoulder was excruciating but I ignored it.

"Let go of me! I need to see him!" I screamed.

"We can't do that, ma'am."

"Yes you can! I'm his fucking girlfriend!" I yell back.

"Ma'am, if you don't calm down, you may need to leave."

I saw Jamie running over to me. He pushed the nurses off of me.

"Let her go." He said to one grabbing my swollen shoulder.

They let go and I broke down. I quickly regained myself.

My life has been so fucked and it just keeps getting worse. I sit down on the waiting room chairs and take ibuprofen. Jamie leaves for a bit to get dinner. When he returns, we eat chinese food at the hospital.

What did I tell you? My life is fucked.