Hospital

In the alley:

Niall's POV:

I was lying on the cold ground motionless trying hard to keep breathing when I heard Stella crying. She took my hand in hers, laid her head on my chest and I heard her say "I love you." before I blacked out.

At the hospital:

Stella's POV:

I waited patiently at the hospital with Elizabeth,who was checked out earlier last week. Yes, last week. Ever since Niall was shot, he's been in a coma, not a bad one but is suspected to be in one for a few more weeks if he lives. He actually went into B-FIB right before surgery. The doctors revived him. He lost 80 percent of blood.

Since Elizabeth had no parents, I agreed to foster her for as long as needed. I don't think I have ever cried as much as I did in a while because Niall has a very slim chance

of living. Like 1% of living. I've been giving blood every day to keep Niall alive because we are the same blood type. I haven't left this hospital room once. Liz has gotten all the food and everything.

Liam came this morning.

"Hey Stella, you can go home and rest and I'll watch Liz if you want."

"I'm fine." I said blankly.

"Stel, you haven't gotten almost any sleep for two weeks."

"I'm fine."

We sat in silence for about another 20 minutes.

Suddenly the machine that kept track of Niall's heart rate stopped its normal beep and started making a loud buzz that wouldn't stop which meant that the patient was going into B-FIB.

"Niall!" I screamed.

"Nurse!" Liam screamed as he peeked his head out the door.

A nurse came running in as I started to cry again.

The nurse restarted Niall's heart. I thanked her and she left.

"I guess Elizabeth still wasn't back from playing with the kids in the children's ward." I told Liam, trying to calm myself.

"I guess." Liam answered me.

"Stel, you and Niall have feelings for one another, don't you?" Liam asked me.

I didn't answer him, but I knew he knew that we did and he smiled at me.

"Stop smiling." I told Liam.

Liam left at around 4 in the evening to get us some food that wasn't from the hospital. Liz came back after Liam left.

"Stella, I met a boy today!" Liz told me.

"Wonderful!" I replied to Liz

"His name is Jonah and he said he lives near us-sorry I mean you."

"No no, us." I said.

"Anyways, he said he gets to go home in one week."

"Good, look Liz, I'm sorry we're stuck here, I just care about Niall a lot, a lot a lot."

"I know. It's ok though, I like reading to the sick kids in the children's ward."

"Liz, that's so nice of you, they'll love if you keep doing that."

"It's no problem, really."

"Stel, you never did tell me how old you and Niall are."

"Oh ya, We are both 23."

"Ok thanks." Liz thanked me.

10 minutes later, Liam came back with some Popeyes chicken. Liz and I thanked him and we ate.