Chapter 26 // Sneak

•Calum

"Please."

Cassidy shook her head stubbornly. "We're not kids anymore, Calum. I don't think I can even fit through you window."

I groaned loudly, pressing on the window to open it even further. I've been trying to get her to sneak out and make the expedition that the two of us were quite accustomed to. One of us would climb out of their window, land on the tree in between the two of our houses, and with lots of assistance, would make the jump into the other bedroom.

The two of us were both battling an awful case of jet lag, so it only made sense for us to be awake in the middle of the night together. "Come on, you can do it. I won't let you fall."

She chuckled at me. "Cal, you do realize we are both nineteen years old, right? We don't have to sneak out anymore. I can just walk out my front door without getting in trouble."

"Where's the adventure in that?" I argued, curling my lips into a pout at how lame her attitude was.

Cassidy huffed, gracefully propping the window open and climbing down to the tree branch that was barely even a foot away. She gripped onto it tightly to maintain her balance as she crawled closer to my house. I bent down to grasp her and she jumped into my arms, letting me tug her through the window with ease.

She dusted herself off. "I can't believe I can still do that."

"So impressive," I noted, kissing her nose and making that adorable grin overtake the features of her face.

Cassidy's eyes scanned the room, pursing her lips together tightly. It still looked exactly the same as before, and I was grateful that my parents didn't change my room into an office or a workout room or something. "The last time I was in this room I lost my virginity. How weird is that?"

My eyebrows knitted together. I never even thought of it like that. I forgot that the last time she had ever been in my house was the time I completely wrecked our friendship. "Very weird," I whispered, suddenly feeling the guilt creep back into my veins again.

She took a seat on my bed, letting out a deep sigh. I plopped down next to her, picking up her dainty hand and intertwining our fingers together with ease. My thumb involuntarily rubbed over hers, tracing a repetitive pattern over her knuckle. "Cass?"

Her head was now resting against my shoulder. "Mm?"

"I promise I'm not going to hurt you again. I learned my lesson last time," I explained, pressing a slow kiss on her forehead. "I don't want to even think about not having you in my life, let alone actually letting that happen."

"I won't let that happen either," She agreed, tilting her head up to smile at me. Her blonde hair cascaded down her back with the motion, and I desperately wanted to run my fingers through the soft ringlets she was sporting today.

I gently placed my hand on her cheek, caressing it carefully. Her bright emerald colored irises were staring into mine with such adoration that I felt my heart was combusting with joy. "You are so beautiful, baby," I mumbled, inching my face forward to connect our lips together.

Cassidy responded to the kiss quickly, her lips mirroring my movements as her palms gripped my hips, sliding their way up my loose shirt to touch my warm skin underneath. She moved her lips to my jawline, peppering kisses all along my face and down my neck, making a small moan escape my mouth.

"Cass," I groaned, making her giggle before she cupped both hands around my face to kiss me again. I used this to my advantage to grab her waist and pull her into my lap with both of her legs on opposite sides of my body.