Chapter 15 // Dare

•Cassidy

"Bree!" I gasped, dropping my hands from Calum's body and completely forgetting about the recent events, only focusing on the unlikely pair making out against the wall.

"Michael!" Calum yelled at the same time, causing the two of them to jump apart. The stunned couple both had matching bright red cheeks and swollen lips, and Bree had an enormous hickey covering her neck. "Jesus, you two! What about Ash?"

Bree licked her lips nervously, her gaze flickering between Michael and the floor. She shrugged. "Um, I don't know. I just wasn't feeling it, I guess? I don't know. I feel bad. He's so sweet. Damn, I feel really bad now."

"I'm drunk," Michael declared proudly, chuckling to himself and Calum smacked him in the arm.

I didn't even care about them anymore, I just wanted to clear my head. I flopped down onto the bed, still shaken up by that random guy pursuing me. I couldn't believe he had the audacity to do such a thing and I was scared that if I stayed around this party any longer that he would do much, much worse.

"Can we go home, please?" I asked, glimpsing at Calum who still had a sympathetic, yet angry, expression plastered over his face.

"Of course, Cass," Calum agreed instantly, fulfilling that protective best friend role that I needed.

Michael jutted his lip out into a pout, and Bree whined. They didn't know what had happened and I suddenly felt a little selfish, because now if we went home then Luke would go home too, forcing Bree, Michael and Ashton to end their night as well. I didn't want to be a party pooper for them.

"You guys can all come to our house, though," I blurted out, not even mentioning the idea to Calum before I invited them over. "We can have a party of our own there. I just really want to go home."

Calum nodded, his eyes watching me intently. "Okay, yeah, you guys should come over. Let's go round up Luke and Ashton."

•*•*•

I crossed one leg over the other as I nibbled away on the chips that Calum had put out in the bowl on the table in front of us. An awkward silence had fallen over the six of us as our conversations had simmered down, and maybe it was awkward because I was sitting between the guy I liked and the guy who had taken my virginity on one couch, and Bree was sitting between the boy who liked her and the boy she was just kissing on the other couch.

A part of me kind of expected Bree to ditch Ashton. They hadn't even been on an official date; it was just clear that they both had taken a liking to each other. But although Ashton sports that curly hair that Bree usually swoons over, he lacked that bit of danger she always craved. Ashton was so incredibly sweet, which I would want to surround my best friend, but she always went after the reckless ones with a dirty sense of humor that could possibly screw up her entire live.

I knew the least about Michael as opposed to the other boys, but I would assume that he fell somewhere into that category. It wasn't like she was committed to Ashton, but I still didn't want to be there when she broke the news that she was attracted to his best friend. And seeing the three of them all sit next to each other was borderline painful.