Chapter 13 // Jacket

•Calum

"She actually forgave you?" Ashton asked with wide eyes, almost in complete shock. "How did you manage that? Bree was just telling me how much Cassidy hates you for whatever you did to her."

My thumbs were pressing away on the video game controller while I sat on the couch across from the television at my old LA home. Michael had stopped here before we went to the movies to grab something, which I was kind of thankful for so I could spend more time with my friends.

I shrugged, still keeping attention on the FIFA battle I was having against Luke. "I'm not really sure. She forgave me much quicker than I deserved. But I guess we're going to try being friends now?"

I was aware that I was basically on thin ice when it came to my friendship with Cassidy. It would take me a long time to build up her trust again, but at least I had the opportunity to make things right. I knew I was an idiot for my mistakes and I was willing to do whatever it takes to get us back to the way things were.

"That's good," Luke agreed, nodding his head while still playing the game. "She's the sweetest girl I've ever met so I can't imagine her being able to mean to you without feeling some guilt, you know? Man, I like her a lot. You're so lucky you get to live with her, Cal."

I huffed in reply, chewing down on my bottom lip and tilting my body as if it would help me do better in the game. It felt a little weird that Luke and Cassidy are like a thing now, especially since they both talk to me about each other now. I didn't want to talk about Luke with Cassidy or talk about Cassidy with Luke, especially since I know plenty of things about each of them that I didn't want to share with the other. I had to admit that it was uncomfortable for me.

"Cass invited all of us to Troy Wilde's house party tomorrow night. You guys better come," I informed them, just before Luke's team had scored a goal and I slammed my controller down in fury. "What? How did you even make that? We're doing a rematch."

Ashton laughed at our bickering and Luke simply restarted it, obviously very used to my frustration with losing. "Okay. I'll go, it's not like I have anything else to do," Ash responded as he fixed the bandana that was tied around his head.

"I'll definitely be there. Partying with Cassidy would be like a dream come true," Luke gushed, just as Michael reentered the main living room. "Mikey we're going to Troy Wilde's party tomorrow!"

Michael's smile widened before he placed his hand on my shoulder. "Alright, but first Cal and I are going to the movies."

•*•*•*•

Cassidy

"You look absolutely beautiful," Luke complimented as soon as I had opened the door. His straight teeth were aligned into a bright smile and his blue eyes had locked onto mine, making the butterflies swarm around in my chest.

Luke had a black jacket clinging onto his body, along with a t-shirt underneath that just barely passed the waist of his skinny jeans. His tall body that towered over my own took a step inside my new home. "Thanks, so do you," I told him confidently, flashing a bright grin in his direction.